-When They Find Out The Gender-

Ava

"I still can't believe you're pregnant! My god, I can't stop crying." My mother gushed, as she wiped at her tears.

Lenny and Kira were also crying with her as they kept both of their hands locked on my belly.

"I know, it's insane." Kira sniffled as she wiped at her tears.

"Gramma, why are you crying?" Aiden asked as he looked up at her.

"Because I'm happy." She picked him up in her arms and made a mock grunting sound, "My big boy. You're such a big boy, aren't you?"

Aiden flexed his non-existent muscles earning a few snickers from Lenny and Kira.

"Daddy says that one day I can be as strong as him."

He turned his head and saw my dad walking our way and pushed himself out of my mothers arms so he could run to him.

"Grampa!" He jumped and my dad picked him up.

"You guys get the cake?" I asked them. Michael couldn't make it so it was just my father and Dimitri.

"Yes, baby, we did. I'm going to put it in the fridge." Dimitri said, showing the red plastic bag in his hand.

"No, wait! I want to see if she did it right."

I followed him into the kitchen, and he set it down on the table for me to see. We had ordered a white buttercream frosting cake with pink and blue flowers surrounding the cake and on top we wanted it to say, in icing; 'Boy or Girl?'.

The cake itself would be blue for a boy and pink for a girl. He opened the box and I gaped up at it. It was perfect. Exactly how I wanted it to be.

I couldn't help but get emotional as I looked at it. I  never got to experience such happy feelings or excitement during my pregnancy with Aiden.

I had been extremely depressed and felt more than alone throughout it all. Even though, when I found out the gender I was extremely happy and crying, it wasn't like how I'd imagined it. I had gone in alone to check it out, and then drove back home alone with tears still in my eyes.

This time it would be different because Dimitri was with me and this was our baby together. Dimitri wanted to experience everything with me. Every mood swing, every craving, every symptom, every up and down roller coaster that was pregnancy.

Even when I was bent over the toilet throwing up and crying, he was with me. Patting my back and holding up my hair. He was incredibly patient and sweet and considerate.

Always kissing my belly and every inch of me as he murmurs his love and appreciation for me and for how strong and beautiful I am for carrying our baby.

"Baby," He chuckled as he pulled out a tissue. He held my chin gently in his hand as he wiped my tears away. "Happy tears?"

"Yes, happy, happy tears." I placed my chin against his chest and he held me in his arms for a bit.

"Come on, let's go out there before they all join us out here. Did you call Noah and tell him that he can pick up Aiden tomorrow since todays' the party?"

"Shit. I forgot. Pregnancy brain." I cursed. "Let me call him now."

Noah and I have improved our parenting relationship over the years. He was still sober and doing pretty well for himself. After seeing him improve his relationship with alcohol and with Aiden and me, Dimitri and I agreed to let him take him every other weekend.

We spoke with Aiden beforehand and it was an emotional conversation. I cried. Aiden cried. Dimitri cried a little, but stayed strong as he reminded Aiden how much we love him and how much we will always love him.