Chapter Twenty-Five - Dimitri

Holding her securely in my arms, I felt her hands tighten around my neck as I picked her up off the floor.

"God, I fucking missed you."

"Me too." She whispered, her face nestled in the crook of my neck.

"Let's get you inside."

I set her back down on my feet and held her hand in mine as I walked her back to my place. I closed the front door and saw her hold the wall as she tried to take off her heels.

I got down on my knees in front of her and unstrapped her heels for her. I took them off and placed them by the door.

"Thank you." She murmured.

I stood back up and grabbed her hand as we walked back to our bedroom. She sat on the edge of the bed and patted the spot next to her.

"I'm not getting back together with Noah." She began, and I saw her push her bangs behind her ear. "I told my parents and Lenny all about him."

"That's good, baby."

"It was good. I mean, it felt really good to let it out. I also drank wine today with Lenny. I mean, I only had two cups, but it felt good not to be scared of it or to hate it."

"I'm proud of you." I praised.

She gave me a small smile, "My parents and Lenny thought it would be a good idea for me to have a night out."

"And what do you think?"

"I think they were right. You know the last time I went out and had dinner at some fancy steakhouse restaurant? Or the last time I went and bought myself a pretty dress or a new purse?"

"Maybe two years ago. They made me realize that I never, ever do anything for myself. I never live for myself." She turned her body, and her hands sought out mine.

"The only thing I ever chose selfishly was to be with you, and as hard as it was choosing you...it was the easiest thing I ever had to do."

"Being with you makes me feel light, like every single burden I'm carrying on my shoulders is gone. You make it easy, Dimitri."

"I took this night out to figure out what I want in my life, but I think I've always known what it is I want."

"What is it that you want?"

"To be with you. To live with you. To spend the rest of my life with you. Noah can be Aiden's father from afar, that's fine, but I never want to go back to him ever again. I just want you."

"I don't deserve you." I confessed, "I don't deserve this second chance but fuck it, I'm not letting it go to waste."

I'll spend the rest of my life making up every tear you cried over these past three days. I promised you once already, but I'm going to repeat it."

"I know we weren't each others firsts, but fuck baby, I want to be your last everything. You're the only woman I want to spend the rest of my life with."

"The only woman I want to share this bed with. The only woman that I want to wake up to every morning." I swallowed as I leaned closer to hold her face in my hands.

"I love you, Ava. If I hold it back for another second, I might fucking explode. I've loved you from the very second you stepped into the police station, bunny slippers and all. I've loved you telling Mrs. Leonard off and I've loved you in every single moment that followed."

"Whatever I have and whatever I am is yours, Ava. My very soul is embedded into yours and it will be to my very last dying breath. I love Aiden like he's mine. That kid is my baby, and I don't care what anyone else says. You're both mine. Mine."