-When Dimitri Finds Out Ava is Pregnant-

-Ava-

I placed the oven roasted chicken on the table the same time that Dimitri walked inside the house. I heard his keys and the sound of him hanging his police jacket on the creaky coat rack.

He walked straight into the kitchen and held my face and kissed me. Just like routine. Before he did anything, he always had to say hello to me like this.

With a sweet and loving kiss that reminded me everyday that I chose the right man to be my husband.

"Hi baby, how was your day?" He murmured against my lips.

I smiled as I pulled away. "Good, how was yours?"

"Better now that I'm home."

Before he could even attempt to kiss me again, a sound of feet slapping on the floor had him pulling away.

"Daddy!" Aiden shouted as he ran into the kitchen. Dimitri picked him up in his arms as he hugged him.

"Hey, buddy. Oh, I missed you today."

"Daddy, do you want to know what mommy and I did today?"

"Aiden, wash your hands first please then you can tell daddy whatever it is you want to tell him."

He pouted at me, but then grumbled out a 'fine' under his breath. Dimitri set him down and helped me place the salad and bread on the table.

"Like I've said, I don't mind you calling me that in the bedroom." Dimitri teased, as he reached for my hips.

I shrugged him off and pointed to the sink for him to wash his hands. "Like I've said, no thank you."

He washed his hands then reached for the towel. "If the word daddy in Russian was hot, I'd make you call me that."

"I'd rather just scream your name." I whispered once I saw Aiden racing back into the kitchen.

"I love it when you scream my name too, zayka moya." He kissed my lips quickly then reached for Aiden as he sat him on the seat next to him.

"Thank you for cooking dinner, baby." Dimitri said, and I smiled at him.

He did this every time I made anything. whether it was a full meal or even me ordering take out. He always appreciated every task I did, whether it was large or tiny or even non-existent.

He always made me feel seen. He grabbed each of our plates and placed some chicken, veggies, and mashed potatoes.

He helped Aiden cut his chicken then dug right into his own plate.

"Daddy, I want some bread."

"What do we say when we want something, Aiden?" I asked, in a light tone.

"We say please." He whined, "Please, daddy, can I have some bread?"

"Of course you can." Dimitri reached out and grabbed two biscuits. He placed one on Aidens plate and one on mine.

"Thank you, daddy."

"You're welcome."

"Mommy, can I tell daddy what we did today?" Aiden asked, his tone giddy from all the pent up excitement.

"Of course you can." I said as I took a sip of my water.

"First, mommy and me had pancakes. Mommy had like six cups of coffee."

"Hey, no I didn't." I interuppted him.

"Mommy, I'm talking to daddy." Aiden grumbled.

"Fine, continue." I rolled my eyes as I continued to eat.