Chapter Seventeen - Ava

The shower didn't last ten minutes. I've never rushed through my shower like this before, but with Dimitri outside and the fact that my mother or father could just walk in and see him had me doing everything quickly.

I stepped out with the towel around my waist to see him still talking on the phone, his back to me while he stood by the window.

I picked out some black shorts and a tee-shirt and snagged a nursing bra before Dimitri could turn around. I put them on then there was a knock on the bathroom door.

"Ava, I'm coming in." He spoke, then walked in.

"I spoke to Cole and Kira." He said, coming and wrapping his arms around my waist.

I settled my hands over his and looked at him through the mirror.

"I was getting Cole lunch when you called. I told him something came up. Kira was already planning on spending the night at her friend's house, so I told her that I would be spending the night at yours."

"I'm sorry. I feel stupid now like I overreacted."

"If something upset you, then something upset you. Don't sugarcoat your emotions, especially around me. I'm not planning on forcing a confession out of you, baby."

"You're upset and you called me, and here I am. I'm not going to leave you tonight, knowing you're this upset." He kissed my shoulder then my neck.

"You're sweet, thank you. I have to go check on Aiden. You're okay with staying in my room until I come back?"

"I'll be fine. Go bring me Aiden. I miss him."

"Yeah?"

"Yes, I miss him, and I missed you, too."

"Okay. I'll see you. Don't go anywhere."

He chuckled, spinning me around so that we were face to face. "I won't." He promised then kissed me once more.

I left him sitting in my room and walked back out to the living room. My mother and father were sitting next to each other, sharing a bowl of popcorn with Aiden in his playpen.

"Hey, lovebug. We were just talking about ordering pizza for dinner, you in?"

"That sounds fine. Extra jalapenos on mine, please." I said as I leaned down to pick up Aiden. I kissed his cheeks and held him tight in my arms.

"I'm going to go lay down in my room for a bit. Just text me when the foods here."

"Are you feeling okay, Ava?" My mother asked, pausing the movie.

"I'm fine, just a little sleepy."

"Just leave Aiden here with us and go get some rest."

"I want him close to me."

"All right, honey. You sure you're okay?" My mother asked again.

"Yes. I'm fine."

I opened my bedroom door to see Dimitri laying down on my bed in a white wifebeater and boxers.

I didn't even have time to process how hot this man was because he jumped up and snatched Aiden out of my arms.

Like always, he began talking to him in Russian, smiling and tickling him until Aiden started laughing, flashing his barely-there tooth up at him.

"Why do you have so many tattoos?"

"Because I like them."

"I've always wanted to get one, but I'm terrified of needles. The only reason my labor ran long was because I refused to get an epidural."