Epilogue

THREE YEARS LATER

"But at night time, when that teenager was asleep, the mother opened the door to his room, crawled across the floor and looked up over the side of the bed. If he was really asleep she picked up that great big boy and rocked him back and forth, back and forth. While she rocked him, she sang:

I'll love you forever,

I'll like you for always.

As long as I'm living,

My baby you'll be."

I stayed by the door as I watched Dimitri read Aiden's bedtime story.

Aiden had fallen asleep in his big boy bed, with his blue SpiderMan blanket draped over his body.

He set the book down on his bedside table, got up to leave a kiss on his head, before turning on Aiden's nightlight. He gave me a smile as he saw me in the doorway.

"Let me kiss him goodnight," I whispered to him, and he gave me a nod of his head.

I walked over slowly so I wouldn't wake him up and kissed the top of his head.

These past three years have been the best years of my life. I moved into Dimitri's place after a year of dating.

Once Aiden grew too big for his bassinet and started taking up too much room, we rented a bigger apartment together.

Kira still had her room, but since she studied at The University of Tulsa, and lived in the dorms there.

She was rarely home unless it was for holidays or to study. Noah still saw Aiden every weekend, and sometimes I sat with them, while other times I didn't.

I still saw my parents regularly for pot roast dinners or sometimes they even came over to spend some time with Dimitri and me.

I still worked my regular hours over at Sephora. Lenny and Michael were also dating and living together in an apartment complex a few blocks from where we were.

My relationship with my body, my health, and my mentality has gotten better over time. I felt like I was slowly beginning to heal from the inner wounds and trauma I had collected over the years.

After I stopped nursing and was able to work out and not worry about inhaling more calories to breastfeed, I lost weight more easily.

I wasn't a size two and I don't think I even wanted to be a size two anymore. I was happy.

I had a man who loves me, a son who was growing up beautifully, and family and friends that love me as well.

"Ava, come here baby."

Dimitri was standing in the kitchen, with two spoons and my favorite chocolate ice cream in his hand.

"Come have dessert with me."

I went over to where he was and leaned against the counter as I took the carton from his hand.

"My favorite flavor," I said.

"Remember when I ate it off of you?" Dimitri grinned looking at me.

Blushing, I nodded my head. "Yes, I remember."

"That's my favorite flavor," He murmured. "Hurry up and open it." He rushed.

I opened up the tub of ice cream to see that it was empty except for a piece of paper at the bottom. Confused, I reached for it.

'Turn around' I spun around to see Dimitri on his knees, with a velvet box in his hand.

"Hi, baby." He murmured, and I gasped as I put my hand over my mouth.

"Hi," I whispered, tears already brimming in my eyes.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. You and Aiden, you're my family, and I love that boy as if he was my own." I nodded my head, tears wetting my cheeks at his words.

"You're everything I could have asked for and more, zayka moya. I can't imagine spending another second not being married to you."

"Ava, baby, will you do me the greatest fucking honor of marrying me, of being my wife, and spending the rest of your life with me?"

"Yes! Oh my god, yes!" I nodded my head vehemently, and I watched him slip the ring on my finger.

I jumped into his arms, and he caught me wrapping me tightly in his embrace as he stood up.

"Yes, I love you so much, yes." I pulled away so that I could kiss him.

"I love you, more. I told you, I'd be your last everything." He smiled against my lips before kissing me back, just as passionately.

Love is beautiful, warm, and is kind to you if you choose to love and accept yourself. All bodies are beautiful.

All shapes, all colors, you are beautiful just the way you are. Love yourself. Accept yourself.

Embrace your flaws, your moles, the extra fat you carry around. Never change for anyone, and don't ever allow anyone to change who you are.

If they can't love you for who you are, then you're better off without them. Love is pure, unfiltered, and raw. Find someone who loves you for who you are.

There are a lot of moments that I want to define me. The moment I chose myself. The moment I chose happiness. The moment I chose love. The moment I chose Dimitri.

These are the moments that I want to define me. These are the moments that make me who I am. Not just a single mother. But a strong woman who has a baby and is raising him with the love of her life.

If anything in this world, if all boils down to one thing; choose yourself I promise you won't regret it.

AUTHORS NOTE: I HOPE YOU LOVED AND ENJOYED THIS STORY. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

LOVE YOURSELF, LOVE YOUR FLAWS, LOVE YOUR IMPERFECTIONS, THEY'RE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING ABOUT YOU. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I LOVE YOU ALL. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING.❤️❤️❤️❤️

IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORY ; THE ACHE BETWEEN US

I WILL BE POSTING THE FIRST CHAPTER MY NEW STORY SOON SO KEEP A LOOKOUT !