The Earth King

Aang, Katara, Sokka, Toph, Suhara, Ghidorah, Appa, and Momo have stopped on a tiny islet in the center of the lake. Aang was embracing Appa, clinging to the fur on the bison's massive brow.

Aang: (Ardently) I missed you more than you'll ever know, buddy.

Momo alights next to Aang, also hugging Appa. Appa licks a laughing Aang off of his face with his tongue. Sokka walks over to talk with Katara, Suhara, and Toph, who is sitting on the ground.

Sokka: (Confidently) Look, we escaped from the Dai Li, we got Appa back, I'm telling you, we should go to the Earth King now and tell him our plan. We're on a roll.

Katara: (Critically) One good hour after weeks of trouble isn't much of a roll.

Sokka: We can build on it. If we want to invade the Fire Nation when the eclipse happens, we need the Earth King's support.

Toph: What makes you think we'll get it? I don't know if you've noticed, but things don't usually go that smoothly for our little gang.

Sokka: I know, but I've got a good feeling about this. This time will be different.

Katara: (Unconvinced) Sokka, Long Feng is in control of the city. His conspiracy with the Dai Li is too powerful. I think we should just keep flying and leave this horrible place behind us.

Toph: I'm with sweetness. I've seen enough of Ba Sing Se, (Raises arms and opens eyes wide) and I can't even see!

Aang: (Leaping into the scene) But now that we have Appa back, there is nothing stopping us from telling the Earth King the truth about the conspiracy and the war.

Sokka: See, Aang's with me. (Puts an arm over smiling Aang's shoulder, flashing a wide grin) It's the whole reason we came here in the first place, we have to try.

Everyone then looked at Suhara.

Suhara: Hey, I'm indifferent here. Either option could potentially get us closer to beating the Fire Nation, and that's all I really care about.

Katara: (Thoughtfully) Well, I guess if the Earth King knew the truth, things could change. (Both boys smile again)

Toph: (Rising to feet) I don't trust the new positive Sokka. (Point accusingly) Long Feng brainwashed you, didn't he!

Aang suddenly notices something off to his left. He rushes to the edge of the water, and we see that he had spied three Earth Kingdom ships off in the distance. Katara and Sokka rush up beside him.

Sokka: That's probably the Dai Li searching for us. (Turns to Katara) So?

Katara: (Pauses, then decisively) Let's fly!

~ ~ ~

The group flies over Ba Sing Se. Appa roars defiantly as he turns to start his descent. The heroes were clinging to the fur on his back, with Aang riding on his neck. Toph and Suhara, in particular, were holding on for their dear life.

Toph: (Pleading) Can we please buy a new saddle? Riding bareback is terrifying! (Buries her face in Appa's back)

Suhara: Totally agreeable!

They eventually saw the Earth King's palace which took up almost the entire middle ring of Ba Sing Se.

Sokka: There it is. That whole thing is the palace. The Earth King's chambers should be in the center.

Katara: We have to be careful. Long Feng's probably warned the King that we're coming.

Sokka: Why would you assume that? If you ask me, I think we're just gonna sail right in... AHHH!