Chapter 5 (Five)

"Wait! Lisa!" I heard his voice calling out behind me and I froze on my spot.

What is he even thinking before following me? Aren't he worried about his reputation? This will be a huge scandal if someone caught us talking.

Not wanting my manager to hear anything between us,I told him to wait for me inside the car and he finally walked away.

"How was my performance?" Jungkook asked as soon he stood before me,His gaze focused on me.

"You've got the highest voting from the rest of the trainees so I think it was good" I replied.

To my reply,He furrowed his eyebrows slightly.

"I'm asking for your opinion" He said.

I smiled at him, politely this time "I think it was great. Judges were right about your potentials"

But instead of smiling along with me,his eyes narrowed and got replaced by a frown.

"Why are you behaving like a stranger to me?" He suddenly asked.

I couldn't help but to gulped at his question. But I decided not to show him any sign of weakness from me. So instead I smiled at him.

"I don't know what are you talking about, jungkook" I said "Well,It was nice meeting you and I'll root for your debut!"

He didn't replied anything to that answer. He just stood there,staring at me with an unreadable expression on his face.

"By the way,I've to go now" I said "I'm sorry I couldn't be able to spend some time with everyone! I've some work left so I really need to hurry. Do your best,okay? Hwaiting!"

Saying that,I turned my heels as soon I was done but before I could even took a step forward,He grabbed my wrist.

"Are you really going to pretend like there was nothing between us at all?" He asked and I froze on my spot.

I was scared to even look back because if I do,I would break down before him and I don't want him to think that I'm miserable. I HAD already moved on and forgot about everything. At least,I can pretend.

"People will misunderstand us if they caught us like this" I said without looking back "And you won't want to ruin your reputation even before debuting,right?"

"It's not me who is worried about reputation, it's YOU!" He spat and I looked back at him this time.

"Why are you doing this to me,Lisa?" He asked as soon our eyes met "why are you acting like we don't know each other at all!"

And at that moment,All I wanted to do was hug him and tell him how much I missed him. His face haunt me every day and night while I tried my best to forget him from my life. But why do you need to make this so difficult for me?

"Because we really don't know each other" I muttered and he stared at me like he couldn't understand what I was saying.

However,I sighed "Jungkook, Whatever we have between us was in the past. Looking back on our past,Both of us lived in a different life and even now,We still live in a different life." I said "So it will good for both of us to just stay away from each other"

With that,I pulled my wrist away from his grip and he let me go. He didn't stop me this time instead he just stood there, looking at me.

"Bye" I said.

I turned my heels and I was just about to walk away but he spoke up.

"I let you go in the past" He said and I stopped on my track. The urge to look back at him was killing me but I forced myself not to. I grabbed my hem of skirt tightly and continued walking but he continued.

"But this time, I won't" He said and I stopped on my track "I won't let you go that easily,Lisa. This time I'll fight for my love and you can't stop me"

And with that,I heard his footsteps going far away from me and slowly,I look back at the empty corridor.

But his words where still ringing on my ear and my heart beat was still beating fast. I exhaled shakily as I even forgot to breathe properly for a moment by his confession.

"Don't make this difficult for me, jungkook" I muttered to myself as I clenched my chest and stared at the empty corridor from where he walked away.

__________________________________

"Cut!" The director finally said and our shooting ends for today.

I bowed to politely,saying my quick goodbye to everyone for the day.And When I was done with the formalities,I hurried to the changing room and finally put on my casual outfit.

Soon I saw my manager who was waiting for me beside the car. I smiled at him as I walked to him.

"Am I late?" I asked.

To the question,He shook his head "Aniyo. I just arrived" He said "I was told to drop Jenna at her apartment too"

"Jenna?" I asked as I sat at the back seat "I thought she was in California for her shoot?"

"She just returned last week" He answered while he started the car.

"Oh! Seems like her shooting has finally wrapped up" I said.

Jenna ha is my labelmate and she is also an actress. We debut at the same year and also we are of the same age. However,We are not that close with each other. Though,We do talk with each other and there's no beef between us,We had never spend time together. So I'll considered us as only labelmates.

As I leaned back on the back seat and stared outside the window at the moving city,My mind went back to the conversation between me and him.

Jungkook.

His name is haunting me since last week. I had tried my best to just stay busy and forget about everything but it was impossible for me. Whenever I found myself alone,My mind kept repeating the conversation we had at the corridor.

It's already been a week since the corridor incident but for some reason,I cannot seem to forget his face. The way he was staring at me was so painful. And The urge to go back and talk to him was killing me which I should never think of in the first place.

But I cannot talk to him.

I shouldn't.

The past that I've been running from starts with him and I don't want to repeat the mistake. It'll only give us pain at the end. So it's better for us to just stay away from each other.

Whatever was between us has to stay in the past. I can't afford to love him once again knowing that I could never be his.

And it's my final decision to stay away from him as much as possible.