Ch- 2

[Trigger's Rise]

"I have to get to mom..."
Kengo told to himself as he was absentmindedly sprinting. However he was soon stopped by a sound of a gunshot.

"Stop right there!"
He heard a female's voice, with the source of the voice (Kiana) appearing right in front of him, along with another petite female (Bronya).

"Apologies Mister, but you have to stop right there."
Bronya told Kengo as she had her hand up front.

"Yeah! You better not move!"
Kiana said, aiming her guns at him.

"....."
Kengo stood still as he was now cornered by two females. They were armed, with the petite one having a sizeable robot with mostly just large arms, a main body and a head and some thrusters in place of a lower body. The one behind her was a taller one had her guns pointed at him.

"Looks like I have no choice...!"

Without a second thought, he kicked himself off from where he stood and straight into them. Bronya quickly went in front of him to intercept, with her mech, Bunny, having its arms ready to grab him. Kengo immediately jumped up at an inhuman height, avoiding and surprising(slightly) the petite girl, and landed down without difficulty. Kiana was about to intercept him next, but she soon noticed an incoming honkai beast, Chariot, headed to his way.

Kengo saw the monster headed his way and raised his arms, creating his energy shield which stopped it then forced it away from him via shockwave. Both of them were perplexed by this and they could only look at the male, who returned their gaze with one that is of a wide-eyed expression. He immediately turned his back on them and bolts off and away.

"Hey! GET BACK!"
Kiana then runs off after him, but she failed to catch up to him as he ran faster than she could.

"Idiot-ka, wait-"
Bronya noticed that the honkai beast the male deflected earlier was still active, now limping towards her. She quickly dispatched it with lasers from Bunny's arms. Kiana soon returned a few minutes later and meets up with Bronya as soon as the rescue team arrived. Her immediate return made Bronya curious.

"He outran me..."
She complained. Her words pretty much answered Bronya's curiousity.

-

"Seriously... What the heck was that!?"
Kiana groaned as she sat on the bench while drinking a bottle of water.

"What do you mean specifically, Idiot-ka?"
Bronya asked at a monotone voice, walking towards her after she directed the just-arrived rescue team to the underground shelter of the school.

"How did the guy just get past us? That's impossible!"
Kiana complained, feeling a bit salty somewhat.

"Usually, its very rare for males to display such abilities extra ordinary abilities without high enough resistance against honkai."
Bronya deduced, reminiscing the moment where said male managed to block her laser with an energy shield.

"And it's also ridiculous how that guy also managed to outrun me! It shouldn't be remotely possible!"
Kiana continued her complaining.

"It is possible that the guy has some sort of resistance against the honkai, given he's capable of such superhuman feat."

"And that energy shield too."

"Yes.. Including that too."
Bronya mumbled.

Just then, their talk would then be disturbed by a sudden shaking of the ground.

"W-what was that?!"
Kiana shouted.

"Look!"
Bronya pointed at their south, taking Kiana's attention as her eyes were widened by what she witnessed.