Ch-15

[Shadow Playtime, Fast Action]

"Mhh..."
Mei slowly opened her eyes and was met with a darkened place.

"Where am I—"
She stopped as she found herself restrained into a chair. She then tried to use her lightning ability to pry off what was holding her, but it failed.

"The Lightning Princess Herself has finally woken up."
Hudram's voice was heard before he made himself visible to her.

"What do you want?"
Mei asked.

"It's nothing big really."
He said as he nonchalantly walked close to her.

"Oh, just so we're clear, I don't want your family's money or some secret projects, as if they had some after what happened."
He snickered after, earning a glare from her.

"Your family no longer has things to be as significant nowadays, but you being St. Freya's Valkyrie."
He stated, which felt like "salt in the wound" for Mei.

"If my family name no longer has something worth then what do you want with me?"
She asked with venom in her tone.

"Do you want to torture me for information? Do your worst."
She said.

"Ah yes. The typical mental strength showcase. Save me the breath, that's not what I want either."
Hudram cleared.

"Besides, I don't want to awaken what's sleeping within you."

"What do you...."
Mei winced from the sudden headache she felt, with her eyes temporarily changing into a dark purple one with a pink hue. She ended up panting afterward.

"W..what was that..."
She uttered. Her eyes now looked at the palm belonging to Hudram hovering above her head.

"What are you—"
A dark red glow emitted from his palm to her forehead, causing her to lose consciousness.

'Narrowly dodged a bullet...'
Hudram mentally noted as he held his chin.

"Now then. To wait for that Kaslana girl to show up."

"Mei-senpai has been kidnapped?!"
Kiana questioned out loud.

"Yeah. Seems like it, based on what Bronya said to us. All we know is it's called Hudram and it can disguise itself with this item."
Himeko uttered, showing a mask-like gadget that was broken.

"And it seems Akito knows who the culprit is, but refused to talk to us about it. We don't have much information to work with on why and who did all these."
She sighed.

"Then I'll go look for Mei-senpai."
Kiana said and was about to run off.

"Wait."
Himeko stopped her.

"But why?! At any given moment, she'll be in danger!"

"I know that, but we can't be aimless in our search. Time is essential right now and we can't afford to waste it."
Himeko stated her point, to which Kiana doesn't have any rebuttal against it.

"I know you're worried. All of us are. But I don't think running into something aimlessly is a wise choice either."
She said, putting a hand on the younger lady's shoulder. Kiana lowered her head, gritting her teeth angrily.

"Yes ma'am..."
Kiana said in a low voice.

"Good. Now be on standby until further notice."

Kiana nodded and left the room. As she was gone, Himeko sighed to herself.

"Situations like this call for drastic measures..."
Himeko said.

"Agree."
Theresa nodded and gave her the approval.