Ch-9

[The Upcoming Exams]

"So it just disappeared?"
Akito asked through a call with someone on the research development.

"I see..."
Akito let out a sigh, having heard a yes from the other side.

"Don't worry about it. I have it with me. I'll resume the analysis at my location."
He lastly said before turning off his phone.

"I guess the sword follows who wields the light, in this case, him."
He said as he heard and get some verification of the Circle Arms disappearing out of nowhere, now turning to his screen to search for its whereabouts.

Several pop ups would show to his screen until it would show a clip of where Trigger using the sword and him defeating Carmeara.

"Not bad."
He huffed and smiled.

-

"Kiana..."

"......."

"Kiana...."

"Mhm..."

"Kiana~"

"Hm- what-"
She abruptly woken up, only to find herself in a garden-like place at the middle of night.

"Where.. am I?"
She asked to no one in particular before looking down on herself.

"This is... my suit from before."
Her clothing was that of a very pale-skin toned color skin-tight body suit, fitting her perfectly. There were orange and black accents on the sides and on the hip area, which gave it the look of her wearing pants.

"It's been a long time, Kiana~"
The voice that called to her earlier greeted.

"Who are you?!"
She questioned.

"Awwww~ don't be mad at me, I just wanted a little talk~"

"Then speak, right now!"
She pulled out her guns, only to find herself being empty handed.

"Wha-"

"Do you really think you'd have some power here? All I wanted is a little talk, that's all~"

"....Fine then. What do you want to talk?"

"Whoops, morning's about to come. Guess I'll spill some tea the next time~ but I'll tell you this..."
The voice said.

"I'm coming for you, Kiana."
She then bids farewell.

"Wait... Wait!"

Kiana's opened suddenly and saw that her hand was extended out, as if reaching to someone. She sat up on her bed and looked at her hand.

"So that was just a dream..."
She uttered and looked at the clock.

"Ugh... It's already morning..."

-

"Hmm~ hm-hm~"
Sounds of simmering and humming can be heard from the kitchen right in the early morning, with Mei being the sole occupant while wearing her uniform with an apron over it. She was in front of the stove with several pans above it, cooking bacons and eggs. Beside her was the toaster that had already finished doing its work to 2 pieces of bread.

Mei now begins to set up the table, placing the 4 plates with servings of eggs, bacon and toasted slice of breads. As she finished, she let out a huff of breath and wiped a sweat off from her forehead.

"All done."

"Good morningh..."
Kiana sleepily muttered as she walked into the table, followed by Bronya who let out a yawn while hugging a yellow bunny-like stuffed toy. Both of them took a seat on the table and so did Mei, thus beginning their breakfast. During their morning meal, Kiana was looking at the vacant seats on the table while chewing.