Ch-4

[A Fresh Start]

Clothing and backpack were laid ontop of the bed, in a sole room. Kengo was packing his clothes, as well as some of his personal belongings such as his phone. He looked at the gun device and the usb-drive-like item he had gotten from Shizuma and remembered his conversation with the chairman.

"To protect the people..."
He uttered, reminding himself of his motivation as to why he took and agreed onto the chairman's proposition.

"You are the one chosen by the light."

"You.. are the light..."

Those words rang into his head as he remembered them vividly from his dream.

He looked at the USB drive-like device and gazed at the image of Ultraman Trigger.

"Why me...."
He whispered whilst staring at Trigger's image at the Hyperkey, as if asking if he was asking the giant.

Kengo soon looked at the door upon hearing some knocks. He got up and went to it before opening the door and saw his mother, Reina Manaka.

"Mom..."

"Kengo..."

"I see you're already packing up for your first day tomorrow."

He nodded.

"By the looks of things, it seems that you already knew everything."
He said, receiving a nod from his mother.

"I always know you were meant for something greater. Even before the time you discovered your powers and hid them as you tried to live normally."

"You... knew..?"

She nodded.

"At first, I didn't know what to do. I wanted to protect you from the dangers of this world.. But after all of these, I came to accept that you're really fated for something.. The recent events proved it. I was really hoping you could live a normal life.."

"Mom.."

"Don't be sad, okay? At least you'd be able to help and protect more people in this way."

"Yes, mom."

"And remember.. Smile Smile! okay?"

Kengo nodded and gave his mom a tight hug.

-

"........"

Silence encroached the entire room, a classroom to be more accurate. Kengo, wearing his old school uniform, stood alone infront of a class room that were mostly of the opposite gender. The lone man was sweating bullets, feeling very nervous being in front of many people. Not just that, from what he could see, they're all female.

It didn't even help that the silence filled the place, raising some anxiety within him. Most eyes were onto him, putting some pressure to the young man. Sweat trickled down on the side of his face.

'....This is awkward....'

"Is there something wrong, young man? Are you okay?"
The redhaired lady scooted close towards the young man to inspect. She was wearing her in-school uniform as the academy's instructors.

"Y-yes ma'am! I'm okay!"
Kengo stiffly responded, causing the lady to chuckle.

"Don't be stiff, okay? Now introduce yourself to your classmates."
She said.

"O-okay ma'am..."
He took a deep breath.

"P-pleased to meet you all! My name is Kengo Manaka! I-I hope to make your acquaintance!"
He bowed down to their front after his introduction. He raised himself back up and his eyes were back onto the rest of the class.