Ch-10

[Exam day]

Mei was doing her morning duties like always. She was wrapping up on making breakfast for everyone as well as setting up the table.

"Goodmorning...."
Kiana weakly greeted.

"Goodmorning Kiana—"
Mei paused on her greeting as she was shocked by what she saw.

Kiana was looking tired, shoulders slumping down. She had quite the eyebags, reflecting the fact she barely got in any sleep at all. She let out a loud yawn.

"Oh my god are you okay Kiana?!"

"I am Mei-senpai..."
She gave a weak smile and a peace sign with her hands.

"Goodmorning Mei, Morning Idiotka."
Bronya greeted, but was taken aback by Kiana's looks. She remained silent then opened her mouth.

"....what did you do?"

"I studied all night, of course! I am going to prove to Akito that I will be the number 1 valkyrie!"
Although she seemed weak, her drive didn't diminish. This was a relief for both of them, although Bronya didn't actively show it.

"Haaaaaaaaaahhh...."
Kengo let out a yawn.

"Seems like you haven't slept well."
Akito pointed out.

"A new episode of this anime I'm watching came up so I had to watch it as soon as it got aired on TV..."
Kengo answered, yawning once more.

"You do realize you can just stream it online. Our dorm is wired to Shizuma Foundation's wifi, which has the better connections for public consumption."
Akito explained.

"But there won't be a thrill with that. It's a better experience if you watched it on live TV."
Kengo countered.

Akito could only let out a sigh, not wanting a senseless debate to argue with him on their way towards their classroom. Their walk was then disturbed by a phone call that Akito received. He quickly took his phone out and then answered it.

"Hello? This is Akito. Report in."

"What is it Akito?"
Kengo asked.

"It's from TPU."

"TPU?"

"Shh. Im talking."

"What is it?"
Akito focused on the call. The other side then told him of an urgent news.

"What?! Alright."
He ended the call.

"What is it Akito? It seems urgent."

"There's a Kaiju at New York. You need to move, now."
Akito told him.

"Understood."

The two separated ways, with Kengo heading to the men's comfort room to transform.

In Himeko's classroom, students under her were present for the written test part of the Valkyrie exams. Their seating arrangement was one table in between each student as some of their classmates wasn't present. The pencil and exam sheets were already set on the table, with the latter flipped over which showed an empty space.

The atmosphere in the room was silent yet eerie just like every other school during exam days.

One notable person there was Kiana who had eyebags under her eyes. This was the result of her studying all night, cramming everything for this very exams. Although somewhat tired and sleep deprived, she was very ready.

"Alright... You know the drills. Once the clock strikes 8, you start with your exams. Cheating is definitely not permitted. Once I caught you, you automatically fail. I expect all of you to have prepared for this very exams."
Himeko stated in her stern voice.