Ch-16

[Invitation from the void]

"I see... So she's not yet ready for the practical phase yet."
A man uttered through the comms within his office. He has long golden hair, adorned in a light purple collared shirt with a dark purple coat and a pink tie.

"My apologies, Overseer."
Rita's voice replied through the comms.

"Fret not, Rita."
He answered.

"Should we return main HQ?"

"Hmm. I'd like you to stay and look things up for me a little longer. I hear that more interesting things happen there, keep yourself at low."

"Understood."

The man ended comm link between them. His lips curled into a smile, having heard a couple of footsteps behind him.

"You nearly caused another eruption by what you did. Thank that Ultraman and it didn't happen."
Otto remarked as Hudram scoffed.

"I was planning to stop once I felt like it."
The being retorted.

"Aren't you rushing on our objectives, dear friend?"
He uttered as a figure emerged from the shadows behind him, a familiar white and blue humanoid, Hudram.

"She's not the type to play along with everyone. She prefers to be the lead and likes the dominant role. If you catch my drift."
Otto remarked with a small smirk.

"I have no intention in partaking in your bed humor, dear friend."
Hudram responded.

"But thanks for reminding me of that. Thinking about it, I have to admit that was feisty of me."
He stated, dusting off his chest.

"I also like to get one more thing addressed."
Otto trailed off.

"That was very reckless of you. Should your friends let you be, you would've destroyed the city."

"Heh, my scale of destruction isn't as big as the recorded major Honkai Eruptions. It's A ranked at best. But I'm proud of what I can do if I'm allowed."
Hudram countered.

"Please don't start piling up both Civilian and Valkyrie bodies just yet just because you want to. Employments have been short lately. Not to mention, not many person has been qualified. We're running out of manpower."
Otto scolded.

"Alright Alright."
Hudram just shrugged it off.

"I didn't expect Raiden Mei to be an actual Herscherr host herself. I guess that opened up a new possibility for what happens now.."
He added.

"Let her be. She's not of importance. What we need is to awaken "her", but let's not haste on that process."
The Overseer remarked.

"And how do you assume we do that?"

"As Rita puts it, she's not ready for the practical phase. But we can assume "she" is already doing what she can to take over her body, now that you've done it."

"Heh, I see."
Hudram scoffed, feeling a bit proud.

"If I may have something to ask, did Carmeara really declared war against Trigger?"

"Yes, as irritating as it may be."

"Do you plan on going along with it?"

"Heh, do you expect me to do so?"
Hudram asked sarcastically.

"I rest my case."
The man in blonde just smiled.

"Her focus first and foremost is the destruction of her ex. My focus is finding the key to the temple of Eternity. Where it held the Eternity Core."