Ch-19

[An estranged deed]

"So let me get this straight. I'll have to keep a close eye at these two runts?"
Ignis asked as he looked at Kengo and Akito's biodata.

He was infront of Chairman Shizuma's office table, with the documents at his left hand.

"Yes. I know you've had some bad experiences working in St. Freya but—"

"I'll do it."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. Besides, I got contacted by an old friend. There is something she wants me to do. Might as well just do this as well."
He grinned at the chairman.

"Then I'm thankful. That is all, Ignis."
Chairman said, ending their small appointment.

Ignis soon went out of the office but leaned at the door as he raised his face up and held his head.

"Fate is pretty cruel landing me a task at that bygone place."
He uttered with a bit of disdain before looking at Kengo and Akito's biodata.

"Just babysit them in the academy. What can possibly go wrong."

"Alright, you two! I'm here to keep an eye on you two. Try not to get left behind, alright?"
Ignis said.

"Yeah!"

"....Yeah."

"We'll begin tomorrow early. Make sure you two get some rest properly, okay?"
The older man remarked and hopped up.

"Eh? For what-?"

"Training of course."

"B-but we have classes."
Kengo said.

"Don't mind that. I'll have you two exempted from class."
Ignis grinned and began walking off.

"Where are you going?"

"To Madam Principal. I'll have some paperwork to sort out before I rejoin this establishment."

"Rejoin?"
Kengo seemed confused.

"Actually, Ignis was a Captain back then. He also led a valkyrie squadron—."
Akito explained.

"I quit after some things happened."
Ignis cut in before Akito could finish.

"Eh? Why-?"

"Personal reasons kid, don't bother trying to get some answers. I ain't budging. Adieu."
And with that, Ignis left the two boys.

"He's certainly something..."
Kengo commented.

"Tell me about it.."
Akito scratched his head.

"It's certainly something else that you returned here, Captain."
Theresa remarked, munching on some doughnuts. Besides the box of delicacy where some stacked mangas.

"I'd prefer if you stop calling me that, please. I already resigned from that position."
Ignis snorted.

"But why did you come back here?"

"Old man Shizuma gave me a job to babysit the boys, plus Himeko asked me to take over some stuff since her hands are filled with the girls."
Ignis answered.

"I see..."
Theresa remarked.

"Say Madam Principal, what do you think of the new student?"
Ignis asked out of nowhere.

"Kengo? Hmm ... He's hardworking and actually does his class duties... Also, he's learning how to fight with Kiana and the rest's help."
Theresa answered.