Ch-17

[Set in Motion]

"Haaaaaaaahh..."
Kengo let out a yawn.

"What's wrong? Couldn't sleep well last night?"
Akito asked.

Both of them were on the desk of the living room. Laid ontop of their table were papers, notebooks, and books. The reason for this was because they were holding a study session for their inevitable tests, this day Saturday. This session was to cover for the written ones.

"Yeah... I had a hard time sleeping.. The sudden news of an exam kept me up.."
Kengo answered.

"I see."
Akito looked up and saw that it was already 12 in the noon.

"I guess we should end the reviews here and get some lunch. We'll continue later night, I have some work to do."
He said and got up from his seat before walking to the kitchen.

"Anything you want from the fridge?"

"I'll just get my food. You get your own lunch ahead, I'll clean up first."

"Okay."

Akito shrugged and grabbed some packed left overs and a bottle of water. He went upstairs with them as he intended to eat his lunch while doing his usual work. With him gone, Kengo cleaned up and organized their messy table.

"I wonder if she's doing fine after last night.."
He thought as he recalled the events from last night. The real reason why he didn't get enough sleep...

-

"You show potential to become the same as me. Join me, and we shall set this world ablaze."
'Kiana' offered.

"Sorry.. but I'd like to refuse..."
He breathed.

"That's unfortunate. But I don't take no for an answer."
She stated coldly before grabbing his neck and lifting him up, choking him.

"I'm going to ask you one last time since you're not an ordinary human. Join me. Be my slave and I'll let you live."
She remarked while glaring at him.

"N-no..."
He declined again, further angering her.

Kengo could do nothing because of how strong her grip is. He grabbed onto her wrist, but it was futile as he slowly began fading. His eyes landed to her, seeing a cruel grin on her lips.

"How unfortunate. You'll show great strengths. It's a shame you chose humanity.... Just like she did."

She remarked with malicious glee.

Yet a tear fell down from her left eye.

"Kiana..... Kiana... I know you're there..."

Kengo spoke out with whatever breath he had left.

"It's no use trying to call fo-"
She felt a sharp pain on her head, losing focus on the man she was about to kill and releasing him.

He coughed out hard before looking up at what was going on with 'Kiana'.

"You- urgh...!"
She fell down on her knee as she growled from the continuous pain. Eventually, she was rendered silent after several moments before looking up, now her eyes are back to being blue.

"Kengo..?"
She looked at him with a horrified expression.

"Kiana...?"
He looked up and saw her eyes are back to their usual color. He got up to his feet and quickly marched towards her.

"Are you okay?"
He asked but no words came from her.

He moved in closer and his eyes widened. The reason why is because she saw her tears coming out of her eyes and she was sniffing as she sobbed non-stop.