Ch-8

[The Ancient Sword]

Today was Saturday, a free day for most student of St. Freya.

While it was understandable that most would prefer to relax and spend their day for personal leisure after a long streak of days meant for study. Others would prefer to use this free day for other matters, one such being to train to improve themselves.

And training was what Kengo and Kiana's ongoing task.

Kiana sends a two-punch, both were blocked by Kengo's raised arm. She connected with a kick, sending him back but not down. She continued the onslaught with a spinning kick, but he was able to defend against it. Immediately, he grabbed her leg and tossed her away.

Kiana managed to land without a problem and saw him coming with a punch. She caught it easily, grinning at him before sending a kick to his abdomen to make him teeter backwards. He dashed towards her after that, throwing a fist. She parried it off, causing him to slip right behind her. Once he turned to her, he was met with a spinning roundhouse kick that sends him skidding against the floor.

"You're too predictable, Kengo."
She commented.

"Ugh..."
He could only wince from the pain as he tried to get back up.

"That was too much, Idiotka. Mei told you to "go easy" on him."
Bronya scolded

"But where's the fun with that?"
Kiana responded as she readied once more.

"Wanna go for another round?"

"Yes please!"

Kengo took a deep breath and then rushed towards Kiana again. He drives his knuckles towards her, but she parried it again, leading him to end up in the same situation earlier. He quickly jumped up, managed to avoid the spinning roundhouse kick.

"Huh?! Where did he go?"

"Up here!"
She heard Kengo's voice from above which caused her to look up, only to be met with a descending kick. She impedes it with her arms, but it had enough force to knock her off her feet.

She charged towards him as she regained her foot, sending a punch that he dodged. She sends another one but he managed to stop it, responding with a palm strike to her abdomen. He connected it with a leap and then an elbow strike. Kiana blocked it with her arms, but it managed to make her teeter back.

"Not bad Kengo, not bad.."
She said with a grin.

"Thank... You..."
He replied with heavy breaths between words.

"But I'm not done!"
She ran towards him and went for offense again. She delivers a kick that he blocked with both his arms, then stops a punch she connected.

He now grabbed onto her wrist with his free hand then used his other as a wedge then drag her to the side. She manages to break free from his restraints then elbowed him from behind. He raised his arm to halt it, but she quickly turned her body with an armswing.

He ducked down then sends a fist to her abdomen, staggering her. Finding his chance, he kicks her off. She held her arms up and manages to block it.

"Woah! That was sic—"
She saw Kengo up and delivers a chop down to her. She held her left arm up to block it, but she winced from the pain. Kengo gasped upon noticing it.

"Oh my god Im sorry- I didn't mean—"
Kengo frantically apologized after realizing what he did.

"You're getting good ...."
Kiana remarked, wiping a sweat off of her cheek with a grin. She massaged the part where his chop connected before facing him.