CHAPTER 8

PSYCHOLOGY FACT

"After 3 to 4 months of having a crush on someone, you either fall in love with that person or become interested in someone new."

CHAPTER 8

"I... I c-can't.. I've promised!" My brother hiccuped as he sobbed at my mother's lap. 

I growl as Lucca resurfaces, bearing his power. Right now I can't care less if he is my little brother when Lucca was already throwing me a rampage inside my head. He was angry because his mate slipped out of his palm. Again. 

Seeing Lyla a while ago made him crazy out of control. He literally blocked me at the back of my mind before he went wild, uncontrollably slicing and wreaking anything on his sight making all the warriors escape the site. 

The faint scent our mate left slowly dissipated his anger but the damage was already done. The South part of the forest was unrecognizable at the destruction. Several trees were wiped out, claws and bites marked the trees and an unlucky herd of deer was not spared at his turbulent attack. 

Blood smeared the forest floor and the destruction of trees seems like a storm just passed there. 

It took five hours before I regained full control over Lucca. He was tired. Exhausted and devastated at his mate's act. No matter how I explained to him and consoled him about our mate's implicit action, Lucca took it as rejection and he has been continuously whimpering at the back of my mind. 

He won't just hear my words and explanations. He was heartbroken to think of anything rather than rejection. He keeps on chanting the words again and again as waves of pain strike me, connecting and flowing through our bond.

After I sealed him properly, taking an amount of wolfsbane which Lucca agreed upon to hold him down, we settled on talking to our little brother. 

It was so rude of me not to ask my brother about his condition before anything else but the moment we entered the pack hospital a waft of her smell infiltrated my nostrils causing a wave of strength to awaken Lucca. The exhaustion was long gone and we both growled at the sensation the smell brought us to cloud nine. 

As if he was not fed with wolfsbane, he paced back and forth repeatedly. I can sense him on the surface, breaking through my barrier  and I know my eyes are already pitch black right now, switching from me to Lucca's battle of control. 

The power radiates through the enclosed room, raising the tension within and causing a mass of fear to emit from their stiff body.