CHAPTER 25

ENJOY READING🍒

ENJOY READING🍒

CHAPTER 25

AUGUSTUS

"Shadow hurt you?!" I growl.

Her brows cutely furrowed. "Shadow? You mean the grim reaper? You actually know him?" Her eyes sparkled in curiosity.

I can't help but realize that she was an open book in my eyes. I can easily detect her expressions. "Yes, he's a member of my elder-council" and she was so beautiful even just scrunching her face in annoyance.

She nodded and her eyes shifted its hues to darker, staring nowhere in particular with a glare and annoyance. "No wonder he talks with familiarity. I hate the way he talks—" her eyes then blinked. I carefully watch her face. "Do you know what he told me a while ago?" I detect the amusement and malice in her tone.

I blinked once, discarding what I saw. Instead, my heart flutters in response to the way she talks to me with comfort on her face. Her tense body was now relaxed and even her heartbeat was calm, beating with mine in a peaceful rhythm. I mentally smiled at the reality we are in. She's arm-length beside me. My beautiful mate.

I want to hear her stories and every little word that would come out her mouth but first we need to find a place to rest ourselves. I have no plans to bring her to the palace at the moment. I have no plans yet. I want her mine now, own her time. I need a long long time with her. I need to hear her voice more and inhale more of her scent. I wanted to drown and succumb to her addicting scent and to never recover from the haze.

"What did he say?" I ask in interest. Not taking it any longer, I crouched and grabbed the back of her knees and shoulders in a swift motion.

"He—" she shrieked as I carried her bridal style. Her scream evokes desires in me and I swallow hard to contain my bearings. She kept on squirming as I ran us to the nearby big narra tree. We are then shadowed by its branches.