CHAPTER 23

ENJOY READING🍒

ENJOY READING🍒

CHAPTER 23

AUGUSTUS

Straightening my surcoat I slowly walked to the terrace overlooking the expansive field of my land. Pack members were busy on their own set of dealings, some pups were running on the grass, and a troupe of trainees marching on the far side doing physical works. There were stalls around and the females were attending to their stores and business. From a distance I could hear what conversation they had for a topic. Soon I let their chatter fade at the back of my mind.

Closing my eyes I let my senses wander trying to get a whiff of my mate....anything as long as my mate is concerned. After a few minutes of concentrating I finally gave up. She was way too far to feel her energy. She's way miles away from me. Sighing my eyes zeroed on the thing coming close from the sky. My raven eagle landed swiftly on the railings. Looking exhausted but majestic still with its sharp snout and elongated nails, his wings looking strong and powerful.

"Did you find any trace of her?" I asked.

He wobbles, shaking his body before he raises his right feet, claws projecting. I saw a piece of rip cloth there, along with a strand of hair and by its smell I recognized it from my mate. My eyes widened in excitement. I felt excited that I've had a piece of hers in my hand. My heart flutters at the sight of a mere cloth. With slightly trembling hands I reach for it, holding it in my warm hands. I exhaled heavily and closed my eyes, threading to his memory where he found the token of my mate.

"Thank you, bud" I pat his head, petting him. He made a sound of pleasure before he took off, flying down towards his ward where he will get his reward from his hard work.

I stared longingly at the piece of cloth. I fist it on my hand tightly. Looking for a leather box, I placed it inside, stared at it longer than necessary before closing it and put it at the side of my table so I could easily stare at it tonight. After a few hours I went out of my chamber, going straight to our playroom hearing boisterous laughter from there. I roll my eyes knowing the guys are into it. The guards bowed at me before they opened the heavy doors.