CHAPTER 11

MEME

CHAPTER 11

CHAPTER 11

Entering the dining room my nostrils were instantly filled with the aroma of food and I almost drool as I walked side-by-side with the pack members. Pack cooks were hastily walk-crossing the dining room with bowls and Tupperware of steaming food filling up the rest of unoccupied space on the rectangular long tables as pack members made a beeline towards their designated seats.

I followed Luna Isla towards their table, it was placed in the front center, the familiar wooden carved chair Alpha Conan made for me to meet my line of sight. A few members together with Alpha Conan helped carve the wooden chair, special among any of the normal chairs I could see around. My chair was situated right beside Alpha Conan's and though I wasn't around for the majority of times, they always left my spot  unoccupied.

As we sat on our respective seats, pack members threw me glances of smiles which I respectfully answered with the same courtesy. Taking a seat on my chair gave me a sense of relief and peace, my pack bond briefly hummed, seemingly waking, coming into life from its deep slumber. Like an automated device, the pack link made a zap, making it known to the pack members that my long dormant pack connection was now alive and I was instantly bombarded with their cheer of excitement.

'Aithne?'

My mind perks up at the familiar voice in my head. 'Alpha Conan?!'

'I'm glad you visited after a long month of going MIA! You woman, have a lot to tell me! Just now I received a report from our informant, a royal decree is circling around with your name and a bunch of money on your head! Do you know that? Are you aware of what's happening? What did you do this time?'

'You make it sounds like I'm some trouble maker'

'Well, aren't you? Warriors and trackers are scrounging the cities and soon they'll be heading through the woods. You lady, won't be leaving this forest or else I will tie you to the bed if I have to! You are in grave danger!'