CHAPTER 22

ENJOY READING 🍒

ENJOY READING 🍒

CHAPTER 22

AITHNE

"Let's see what you got," his playful voice whispered.

I started to pant in exhaustion. I can feel my whole body dehydrating from the heat and a sudden irritation revolt within my body. The need to peel my clothes dominated my senses. I may be accustomed to the heat and have enjoyed exposing myself to the sun but my human body is naturally for cold weather much more for yla and whenever we are in our full form we would always soak ourselves somewhere in the frozen lake.

Because of our light flies we have so much heat in our body that we have to take a deep breath on a frozen lake to ease our burning body or I would sometimes anger myself to release the heat. We love the cold. Lyla is obsessed with the cold. With the high temperature right now I would bet a havoc will occur. I will either wither in exhaustion or I will burst in too much heat and burn this place, whatever it is.

With the heat overcoming our senses, I hastily peel off my cloak and toss it, it went stiff on the ground, dry like the pulverized sand and I was left with my traditional shirt dress and my pants, I pant heavily and look up front seeing the reapers amused expression at my misery. I could feel my energy being drained with the heat and my lips dry.

'Lyla..'

'Clear your mind, we need you to focus so we could teleport back. We are in a different universe, I can feel the living energy nearby and it's by far stronger than of normal beings'

What? Different universe? What the hell? What could there be stronger than a normal being? Alien? How are they able to live with this kind of temperature? I thought about being trapped here. How can he possibly shift us here, in a different universe that easily? Fear crawled deep within me. I didn't regret helping Astrid but I regret underestimating him, thinking he is a normal reaper! I shouldn't have provoked him.