Mystery man (men?)

Alone in the dark, she sat and watched as the bearded man chatted with another. The day prior to the present, the leader of the Kobras gave her the honour and duty to get rid of—or at least get enough information about the possible threat to her new home's future.

Despite the glory that awaited her, the last thing Amy would've wanted to do was to harm John in any way. Something about that man sparked a fire within her chest. So plan B is what her heart decided on.

John saw a glimpse of sakura hair, which disappeared in the blink of an eye. 'Enemy spotted' the little voice in his head alarmed, resulting in the activation of his powers.

He soon found out that that tuft of hair belonged to a lovely girl, approaching him idly under his spell.

After a bit of observation, the cyan eyed hero felt a more magnetic attraction towards the subject of her daydreams, but that attraction felt different. It felt forced, unnatural. Only lust powered her body, leaving no room for proper reflection and native feelings. But she fought it, or so she thought.

Once locked on, there was no escape.

The source of that power seemed to have guessed her uneasiness. He made a risky move: letting his guards down and freeing his prey. Perhaps that might trigger his eternal slumber, but honestly, John couldn't care less.

In another universe, perhaps they would have remained strangers. And he would make sure that doesn't happen in this one.

~~

Amy, now returned to her senses, did as her first instinct ordered. She fled. But not alone. Never alone. Not when the very reason why she isn't plain flesh and bones is standing right in front of her. Not when her newfound purpose in life stood there

~~

"Why's he with you?" Jerry asked menacingly.

"I-"

"You do realize you're supposed to kill him right? Not to bring him straight to the base. Are you incapable of killing a target?" The Leader accused.

"N-no but, I thought he could join the team, he-he's not a bad person" Amy shuttered, unsure about the veracity of the statement, but it was a risk she was willing to make. "He's very skilled."

After a few moments of pondering, Jerry had finally decided the fate of the very man his friend fell for:

"Nine days. Nine days for him to prove himself reliable, but any suspicious behaviour will get both of you executed."

It took a lot of effort for Amy to not bounce around ecstatically. She knew the leader still didn't trust her, and this event didn't help, but John made her feel happy. And safe.

Once Jerry walked away, John thanked Amy, and that was enough to knock her over.

[A.N.]: wholesome-ish chapter ayy, kinda short but I'm tired.

[A.N.]: this was in my drafts for too long so my writing style changed and I rlly don't have the motivation to edit this so apologies for chonky writing aaa

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Leo:

Inventory: Kunai(main melee), Windicator(gun), Classic Sword(melee), G-17(Citizen gun)

Ability: none

Kills: 30

Rank: Serial

Sandra:

Inventory: Combat Knife(main melee), Barret(gun), Energy Blade(melee), Makarov(Citizen gun)

Ability: healing

Kills: 30

Rank: Serial

Jerry:

Inventory: karabmit(birth melee), pitchfork(Hero melee)

Ability: X-ray vision.

Kills: 43

Rank: Hero

Amy:

Inventory: P90(Citizen gun), tomahawk(main melee), machete(melee), hand cannon(gun), shovel(Hero melee), AKM(gun), paintball gun(Elite gun)

Ability: None

Kills: 64

Rank: Elite

John:

Inventory: unknown

Ability: unknown

Kills: unknown

Rank: unknown