The ceremony of blood

For the past week, Leo, Sandra and Jerry spent a lot of time together. They mostly just chilled and had fun, but they also learned a lot about each other. Jerry got to know Leo and Sandra better while these two discovered that Jerry is a 21 year old sorcerer with the ability to X-ray.

He stopped using it when he was a child because he didn't really know how to control it and ended up seeing bad things. His father was also a sorcerer and could do telekinesis, but wasn't really good at it. Sandra noted that Jerry has a very serious personality but was fun to hangout with.

The full moon has arrived, it's time for the ceremony. The day before, Jerry has told his friends about the ceremony: he explained every step, gave helpful advice and even described what they will feel realistically.

The trio is presently waiting for the sun to set so they can start the ritual. Leo is sweating a lot due to the stress. When he looked at Sandra, she looked calm but he could see in her eyes that she was panicking. Leo just couldn't stop rehearsing Jerry's words in his head. He had so many questions but he felt like asking any would annoy Jerry. "Trust me, it's gonna be alright" or "Keep in mind what I told you and everything is gonna go just as planned" kept coming back as answers.

It's 11:50pm, the ceremony of blood starts. All the team members formed a circle around Jerry, Leo and Sandra being in the main room of the base. Sandra saw Patrick wave at her and she smiled back, but immediately stopped as she remembered Jerry's advice on avoiding too much facial expression.

The ritual went in silence. The leader chose to start with Leo. The boy, who is trying his best to not tremble too much, took out his kunai and Jerry got his sharp Karambit ready. They cut each other and let their blood drop into the other's wound.

It was now Sandra's turn. She held on to her combat knife tightly and walked towards her new leader. She deepens Jerry's injury while getting her arm cut (and trying her best to not wince), then lets a few blood drops fall into her friend's cut.

After Jerry's blood dripped into Sandra's wound, the ritual officially ended.

Everyone in the team then came to welcome and congratulate the new members. Sandra introduced Leo to Patrick and Patrick to Leo, also telling Leo how Patrick helped her "get revenge" on Kovit. The members of the team were all very nice. She was the nicest and she's also pretty smart. Apparently she knows a lot about guns and melees?

Leo goes down stairs the next morning, only to find Sandra turns on the tv to watch the news. Jerry hands him a cup of coffee as he sits down and starts paying attention to the screen. We don't need your weather report, we can just look outside, he thought, but after the reports...

"WE'RE BEING ATTACKED..." the reporter said seemingly out of nowhere.