92- Problems

We spent a few weeks on Isle Esme together, just enjoying married life. It was peaceful bliss on the perfect island.

I woke up one morning alone in bed. I knew Jasper had gone hunting the night before because I had made him go while I slept.

I got up, got changed, and made myself breakfast in the kitchen from leftovers. I grabbed some chicken from the fridge and sat down to look at the beach. As I ate, I heard the front door open as Jasper ran in.

His arms wrapped around my shoulders as he kissed the side of my face. "Good morning," he told me.

"Morning, Jazz."

"Sorry I wasn't here when you woke up. It was harder to hunt than I thought it would be."

I turned in my seat to look at him before wrapping my arms around his waist. "I'm glad you hunted," I replied. "I know you needed to."

"I love you."

"Love you too."

"Here, let me clean up for you." Jasper quickly picked up my leftover food and headed into the kitchen to deal with it.

As he left the room, I felt my stomach turn in an unfamiliar way. I suddenly felt sick, so I rushed to the bathroom. I dropped to my knees in front of the toilet and threw up what I ate for breakfast. And as soon as the sickness came, it left, making me feel fine once again.

Jasper rushed by my side instantaneously, his hand soothingly rubbing my back. I leaned into him as we both sat on the floor for a second. "You okay?" He asked me worriedly.

"I think so," I told him honestly. "There was probably something wrong with the chicken, cause I feel fine now."

"Okay." He was hesitant as he spoke, and I could tell he was worried. "Maybe we should call Carlisle."

"I feel fine, Jazz," I replied, looking up at him. "Why don't we get up off the floor and do something fun?"

"I guess, but if it happens again, I'm calling Carlisle," Jasper conceded.

"Deal."

The two of us got up off the floor and made our way to the living room, where many random activities were lying around.

Jasper picked up the 'Chutes and Ladders' game from the top of the stack and set it up. It had become our favorite game because it didn't take a lot of effort to play it.

We played the children's game for a while. Every once in a while, Jasper would ask if I was okay, and I would tell him I was. Our game continued until my phone started to ring.

I looked over to see Seth's name pop up on the screen, confusing both of us. We had gotten a few calls from the family checking in on us, but Seth hadn't called us yet.

I picked up the phone, answered the call, and put it on speakerphone so Jasper could hear him as well. "Hey, Seth. What's up?" I asked him.

I heard him sniffle once before speaking, making me realize he was crying. "I know you're on your honeymoon, but I didn't know what else to do." His voice sounded sad as he spoke.

Jasper moved beside me in a moment to talk to him. "Seth, what's wrong?"

"I don't know where to go because everyone hates me right now."

"What is going on?" I asked him, not understanding what was happening.

"Well, after the wedding, a lot happened. The Denalis stuck around at your house, and Tanya talked to Charlie. The two of them are kind of dating, and now my mom is upset. She's also mad that you guys were so close to me and that I spend my time at your house and not at Sam's. I don't want to go to Sam's because Leah and I are fighting about Mom. I tried going to your house, but Irina was there, and she kept glaring at me the entire time. And now I don't know where to go." Seth spoke fast, but the two of us could keep up.

Apparently, a lot had happened in the few weeks we had been gone. "Seth, where are you right now?" I asked him.

"I'm sitting in the woods. I don't know where."

"That is not safe," Jasper said, looking at me. "Where can he go?"

I paused for a moment, thinking it over, before saying, "If I called Emmet to hang out with you, would you go with him?"

"Yeah," he replied. "I like Emmet."

"Okay," I said, forming a plan in my head. "I will call Emmet to come to find you and stay with you." I looked up at Jasper, silently asking him an important question.

He understood and took over, "We'll come home and help figure everything out."

"I don't want you to come home early," Seth said, upset he was ruining things.

"We want to come home," I told him. "Just stay where you are, and Emmet will be there soon with a plan, I promise."

"Okay," he mumbled. "Thank you."

"Of course," Jasper said.

Seth hung up the phone as Jasper stood up. "I'll pack, you call," he told me before running out of the room.

"Thank you," I told him. I quickly clicked on Emmet's contact and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello!"

"Alice, give the phone to Emmet. I need to talk to him."

"I wanted to say hi," she told me, not listening to the urgency in my voice.

"Alice, give the phone to Emmet," I said more aggressively.

Jasper ran back into the room, having packed everything already. He sat next to me and started to book flights on his computer.

"But Emma.."

Jasper ripped the phone out of my hand, put it on speakerphone, and angrily said, "Give the phone to Emmet."

"Okay," she mumbled, clearly not liking how Jasper spoke to her.

We could hear the phone move hands, but the voice that spoke was not Emmet. "Hey guys, is everything okay?"

"Dad, can you please give the phone to Emmet?" I asked, not wanting to get into an argument with Carlisle.

"What's going on?" He asked, not giving the phone to Emmet.

"Emma and I are coming home early," Jasper said, half paying attention to the conversation, half paying attention to the computer.

"Is everything okay?" Carlisle asked, concerned.

"Something is up with Seth," I told him.

"Emma also threw up this morning," Jasper said, still worried about what had happened.

"She what?" Carlisle said, stunned.

"You know what," I said, upset that I had yet to speak to Emmet. "Seth is alone in the woods right now, and I am worried. Please give the phone to Emmet, and once we get home and deal with Seth, we can deal with the throwing up thing."

"Okay, just be safe," Carlisle said, unsure what else to say.

We heard the phone exchange hands once again, only to finally hear Emmet's voice. "What's up?" He asked.

"Is Irina in the house?" I asked him, still not sure what was happening at home.

"No. They're staying in a house down the road while Tanya gets to know Charlie," Emmet told me. "Why?"

"Seth is sitting somewhere in the woods crying because everyone on the Rez is mad at him, and he didn't want to come over because he thought Irina was there," I told him. "Can you please go find him and bring him back to the house?"

"Of course," he said. "Are you guys coming back home?"

"Yes," Jasper said, shutting the computer. "We have tickets for the next flight home."

"Okay," Emmet said. "Then I'll see you at home, and I'll make sure Seth is okay."

"Thank you, Emmet."

He hung up the phone as Jasper and I stood up, grabbed our stuff, and left Isle Esme.