8.

After spending a good 45 minutes in the shower crying and rubbing my skin clean of Luis's touch until I'm a burning red colour, I'm now pulling the soft covers over my body as I lay in bed hoping Luis won't show up.

Just my luck, here he is now.

I didn't move, facing the opposite way as I kept my eyes shut. His footsteps closed in and so did his dark vanilla cologne. I felt the anxiety churn in my stomach but then I reminded myself: I can't let him affect me, I've got to trap him... make him fall in love with me.

"Amara?" His voice was sincerely soft, unable to recognise if there's any guilt in that voice of his.

I didn't say anything in return, I just laid there. The end of the bed dipped in as he sat down pulling the covers up to my shoulders gently.

"Amara?" He spoke again. "I know you're not asleep," He was closer, I could tell. "You never fall asleep with your hair tied up." Why the fuck does he know that? Has he been observing me?

"What do you want, Luis?" My voice was low, my eyes open but not focused on anything.

"I'm sorry..." He sighed, I could feel his body now lying beside me, his warm breath fanning on my bare shoulder; tiny little goosebumps forming on my skin due to his proximity. "I'm so sorry." I felt his soft lips on my back, behind my shoulder, a small smacking sound coming from the kiss before he pulled away.

His mere presence sickens me, his kiss felt like acid burning through my skin and to my bones.

I opened my eyes properly now, the area where he kissed me tingling. Not in a good way, it burned. Like I wanna rub my skin raw yet again and get rid of his touch.

"It's fine, come here." I turned around, my arms instinctively wrapping around his neck as I pulled him in, his warm face against the top of my chest. He can probably hear how fast it's beating but I don't care.

I forced myself to even look at him, I could feel my arms starting to shake but I controlled myself a lot, not wanting to give in to Luis, to show him I'm actually breaking apart.

It's not because he makes nervous nor does he intimidate me but my heart is pounding with hatred. If only he could see how much I hate him -- oh but he will one day -- I can't wait to rip his heart out.

"W-What are you doing?" He muttered lowly against my chest, the vibrations from his voice on my skin and I furrowed my brows.

"Comforting you." He doesn't deserve that, fuck you.

"Why?" His voice was much quieter like he didn't really mean to ask that.

"Luis, just shut up and go to sleep." I muttered tiredly, my hand on the back of his head as my fingers played with his dark coloured, soft hair.

Suddenly, he lifted his head, looking down at me as the dimly lit lights in the room illuminated his strong features; creating in-depth shadows to where his cheekbones are and right under his sharp jaw that made his features prominent.

He really is the devil in disguise.

His arm went across me, both his forearms pressed flatly down as he held himself upright above me; his hair trickling my face as I slowly turned away.

"Did you just tell me to shut up?" He furrowed his brows deeper and I rolled my eyes. "Or you could make me shut up." He teased, his voice hoarse, tickling my ear as I faced completely away from him now.

Fuck off, Luis.

I have never met someone so drastically weird as Luis, he went from "you're pathetic" to wanting to cuddle with me. Who's really the pathetic one here, Luis?