13.

Trigger Warning : abuse.

I stood by the sink, gripping the edge of the contemporary style sink as I breathed heavily; staring at the fogged up mirror.

My wet hair stuck to my back and shoulders, my skin still pretty hot from the shower as I wrapped a white cotton towel around my wet body.

The bathroom pretty steamed up, so was the mirror but I could get myself to wipe it clear, to see my reflection that I felt sick to do.

I sighed, lifting my hand as I wiped the steam off the mirror, my face now in view as I felt my heart hurt at stared at my reflection. The bruise starting to form so darkly on my cheekbone and brow ridge.

I dropped my head down, feeling pathetic as I couldn't defend myself. I failed myself.

I sucked in a deep breath, lifting my head not giving up yet.

I can take this.

I'm stronger than this.

Walking out the bathroom, I froze when I saw Luis still passed out on my bed, shirtless and on his front, sprawled above the soft sheets.

I felt sick, rushing out the room with my clothes as I headed to his room, getting dressed in there.

Last night really did it for me... but I have to carry on. I have to trap him.

"Amara?"

"Amara?" I snapped my eyes to the door, to the entrance of my room as a slurring Luis stood there, swaying and I sighed.

"No, Luis," I shook my head. "I'm not dealing with you like this," I got out of bed, heading to him as I led him out my room. "Go to bed." I crossed my arms as I looked up at him, him reeking of alcohol.

"Why do you call me L-Luis." He slurred as he looked down at me with sunken, red and glassy eyes, his eyes like that due to all the drinking. His face a little blushed as he struggled to stand still.

"Because it's your name." I told him, catching him, his weight heavy as he leaned onto the wall.

"It's Elijah," He told me. "I like it when you call me Elijah." He muttered, his eyes barely open and I sighed, pulling him away from my room.

"Okay," I nodded. "Will you go to sleep if I call you Elijah?" I asked him and he nodded.

He suddenly sniggered to himself and I furrowed my brows.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't get it..." He muttered, now opening his eyes again.

"Get what, Elijah?" I emphasised on his name, his eyes still a dull red as he sniffed before looking down at me with that fire in his eyes.

"Why do you hate me?" He asked my eyebrows furrowing, surprised he doesn't know the answer to that.

"I don't hate you, Luis..." I accidentally called him Luis instead of Elijah, a snigger leaving his mouth.

"See?!" He snapped all of a sudden which caused me to take a step back. "You call me Luis... your tone is so hateful, I'm giving you everything!" His voice was loud but it didn't affect me, I just looked up at him as he took a step closer. Yes, I felt intimidated but what was I suppose to do? "What did D'Agostino even give you? Love? That's pathetic." He spat out with pure hatred. "I'm giving you the world yet you don't want it?" He was now just blabbing on whatever that came to his mind.

I sighed, stepping closer to console him but I guess not, when he tried to brush me off.

He meant it, I know he did, he was just so angry that when I felt the pain shoot through my face, my body landing down on the floor as my face smacked onto the cold marble ground. A groan leaving my mouth as my head went dizzy, I was just so surprised.