14.

I felt anxious to say the least, my forehead forming tiny beads of sweat as I wiped my clammy hands onto my sundress. I was worried wether the makeup I lathered on to cover my bruise would wear off due to the sweat, fanning my face constantly as I tried to keep cool.

"Are you okay?" Luis asked, his hand trailing over and onto my knee as if it were casual but when my body stiffened, he pulled his hand away immediately.

"Just nervous." I shrugged, looking out the window as the car approached the massive gates to the property that was led down through a small road.

The gates opening up to a beautiful white coloured house that stood out from the sandy ground; so much greenery — especially palm trees — and exotic flowers occupied the surrounding area of the house.

The mixture of red, pink and orange flowers stood out in it's surroundings so well, so vibrant and I felt shocked at how heavenly this area looks — completely opposite to Luis.

The house above the tranquil white sand beach, light blue waters of the sea and so clean and clear.

This place looks heavenly.

"And that's my family." He muttered as I now focused on the group of people stood in front of the door, at the steps with bright smiles on their faces.

"That's a lot of people." I spoke and he nodded.

"Nothing you're not used to." That is true... I miss my family. "It's gonna be okay, loosen up." He rubbed my shoulder when the car stopped.

I'm not worried about meeting his damn family, I'm worried about tonight and escaping. I'm worried for Ajax.

When we got out the car, my eyes stopped on a gorgeous caramel skinned woman, slightly old but her hair so luscious and curly, small curly strands over her forehead, her green eyes twinkling with excitement with a bright smile on her face.

I assume this is the mother that birthed this devil.

"You must be Amara!" She beamed, walking over with her arms out as she brought me into a warm hug.

"That's me." I smiled back down at her. "And you must be the beautiful Valeria Luis." I pulled back, her hands holding onto my arms as she gave me a little wave.

"Oh, stop it." She had a little accent which I adore. "I like her already." She looked behind me, at Luis who I glanced back at.

"She's perfect, isn't she?" Luis now approached my side, his arm slinging around my shoulders as he pulled me back and into his firm side.

"Indeed." Valeria nodded and I smiled at her, faking affection towards Luis as I held his large hands in mine.

Luis then proceeded to introduce me to everyone, me already knowing one person — Ezra Luis. He still seemed as flirty as before, his mother slapping his arm every time he tried to flirt.

His family seemed quiet opposite him, all so joy and full of life and there stood Luis... dark and broody. A permanent frown stitched onto his face, shockingly a smile appearing once in a while.

His family was quick to love me and we've only made it into the reception of their house.

"You two should get settled in," Luis's sister, Elena, insisted as she smiled up at me.