9.

Third Person POV

It was quiet in the house, not one sound of anyone conversing with each other which is quite surprising considering there are about ten people living here. To specify here, Amara's house.

One by one, her family moved in; first, it started off with Lorenzo and Flavio, then slowly Alec and then the rest joined. But what's even more surprising is that Amara's father, Amias, moved in too.

Everyone clinged onto the house as if it were Amara herself, weirdly, even though she's not there, it's like her presence itself brightened up her house.

"Fuck," Flavio tumbled into the room, holding himself up with the door frame as he laughed to himself. "Almost fell then." He hiccuped, still laughing to himself like a crazy man, his world spinning with each step he took.

"Ugh." Lorenzo looked up from his laptop, through his brows, to see Flavio stumbling in, humming a tune to himself as he walked over to Lorenzo, falling beside him on the couch.

Lorenzo instantly cringed, covering his face with disgust as he pushed Flavio away from him.

"Enzo, you smell like a corpse," He groaned. "Go shower... and it's only eleven in the morning, man, why are you drunk already?" Over the past few months, Flavio grew more and more dependent on the addiction to alcohol to get him through his day.

"I must say, my daughter has weird taste in friends." Amias sniggered and that bothered Lorenzo... Flavio's slowly becoming an alcoholic and Amias thinks it's okay to judge Flavio? Everyone copes with loss in different ways, it's no one's right to judge.

"I thought I threw away all the alcohol in the house?" Lorenzi confusedly looked at Dominic, his arm around a drunk Flavio as he comforted him.

"You did," Dominic told him. "He bought some more." Dominic rolled his eyes as he exited the room after Landon.

Dominic and Landon had grown close, weird as it is, they now train together, work out together and Dominic's also now helping him out with his homework.

The ringing of the doorbell filled the house, a sigh leaving Lorenzo's mouth. "Someone open the door!" He yelled, holding Flavio's head still so it doesn't fall off his shoulder.

The doorbell ringed again causing Lorenzo to groan.

"One job!" Lorenzo yelled as he stormed out. "You guys have one job to do and no one can open the damn door?! There's like twenty people living here!" Yelling is unusual for Lorenzo, the calm and collected man now has his anger levels growing by the day.

Lorenzo flung the door open only to be shocked at who was standing on the other side.

"Vega?" He raised a brow, surprise splashed across his face as he looked at the man who he would last think of to show up here. "You look like shit." He looked at the bruised cheekbone, stitched, all purple and red.

"Thanks for that," He rolled his eyes as he pushed past Lorenzo and entered the house.

"Sure, come on in." Lorenzo pulled a look, sarcastically speaking, shutting the door behind him.

"I found your girl." Carlos came out with it quickly, holding it in for the past few days has been eating him alive inside. The relief on his face was so evident and Lorenzo just stood there speechless.

All of it happened so quick his mind delayed the process of what Carlos just told him.

In the next few minutes, everyone was gathered in the living room where all their attention was on Carlos, impatiently waiting for him to spill the details.

"Couple of days ago, I was at this charity event--" Carlos was instantly cut off by Flavio.

"--Where?"

"Las Vegas," He told him with a sigh because of being interrupted. "Amara was there, hand in hand with Elijah Luis, she hugged me and that seemed to make him jealous... therefore." He pointed at his cheekbone and Lorenzo could feel the burning rage inside grow bigger and bigger but he was saving it up for when he would see Luis.

God, was that man in for a ride.

"Las Vegas is tough," Amias spoke, rubbing his bearded chin.

'You don't say.' The thought crossed Lorenzo's mind.

"Luis pretty much owns half of Vegas, the chances of any of us entering Vegas and going undetected is pretty much impossible." Amias is right, whatever they plan needs to be strategic and smart.

"Wild thought," Carlos spoke. "The Torres and D'Agostino's can't enter, right?" He asked and Amias nodded. "What about the Singhania's and DeAngelo's?" Smart man. Very smart indeed.

"It's easy to get the Singhania's on board... but DeAngelo's?" Lorenzo questioned before he sighed, lowering his face into his hands as he tired rubbed his eyes.

"The DeAngelo's don't really like the D'Agostino's," Dominic spoke now, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Aren't you guys family?" Alec asked and Dominic raised a brow as he looked down at Alec.

"And yet you despised your father until a few months ago." Dominic was quick to fire back without any guilt in his words.

That was enough for Alec to shut his mouth up as he glanced at his father who had a smirk on his face, suppressing a laugh.

Lorenzo sat there, agonising how the woman he so loves could be in whatever condition — that too with another man. It hurt him until he felt the pain in his heart throughout his chest yet he stayed silent whilst everyone else spoke.

"I'm going to Miami." Lorenzo came out with it all so sudden, the room going quiet as they failed to believe him.

"Don't be foolish." Amias sniggered, Lorenzo clenching his jaw as he side-eyed the man.

"I have to see her." Lorenzo mumbled, mainly to himself. "I'm losing my fucking mind." He ran his fingers through his hair, throwing his head back as he sighed.

"Why don't we send in someone in whilst we get the two families to agree on helping us?" Alec suggested and Lorenzo looked straight at him, liking the idea.

"Preferably a woman." Carlos added and Lorenzo nodded, knowing the perfect woman — quick to come to his mind.

"Are you thinking of who I'm thinking?" Dominic smirked and Lorenzo slowly nodded.

"Yeah."

"Alright, leave it to me... she'll be out here first thing tomorrow morning."