12.

"Are you alright?" Luis appeared beside me, his hand finding it's way to the small of my back and I looked up at him, my hand shielding my eyes from the sun.

I nodded, feeling so light now that we're here, in Mexico.

"I'm great." I smiled up at him, his eyes scanning me for a second before giving me a firm nod.

"¿Por qué tardas tanto?" Luis spoke to Ajax who adjusted his long, knee-length jacket. "¿Dónde está el coche." He checked the time on his watch, sighing impatiently as I admired the area near by.
——(What's taking so long, where's the car?)

"Here they are." Ajax pointed out the car that drove down the road, now stopping not too far from us.

Ajax had sat in the passanger seat, me in the back on the left hand side with Ajax next to me. He had left a gap between us, thankfully.

"Where to first, boss?" The guy driving the car asked, I noticed Luis's eyes glancing over to me but I pretended like I didn't notice.

I wonder where we're gonna go considering he owns half of Mexico.

"I have a meeting but take us to the hotel first to drop Amara off." Oh, thank God. He won't be here for a few hours, that means.

"Come in." I spoke, hearing the front door open to hear multiple footsteps entering the room.

My brows furrowed immediately as I stood up, whipping my head around to see who's coming. To be specific, they're women — or so I think — considering the sounds of their footsteps sound like heel clicks.

"Ms Torres?" The woman seemed to be caught off guard at my stance, me still confused for it to dissolve when I noticed two other women walking in as they pushed a trolley of clothes in.

"Oh," I muttered. "Lo siento." I stood up straight, fixing my posture as I watched her now crack a smile.

"No se, señorita," Her accent was smooth, her voice a velvety thick tone. "Mr Luis has sent us to show you these dresses... he told me to inform you that he's taking you out for dinner tonight, something special." Fuck my life.

For the next five minutes, we spent trying to decide what dress would look the best. Of course I had to pick the most revealing one because there's one thing I absolutely love and that is annoying Luis.

"Are you sure, Miss?" She asked and I pulled a look down at her.

"Call me, Amara." I smiled and she gave me a small nod. "And I'm certain." I eyed the the two piece and smirked. "Oh and that jacket too." I pointed out the ankle length soft jacket.

I eyed my outfit, the slit in the white skirt perfect and so was the plain white bralette, the toned definition of my abs peaking through the gap between the two. My light caramel skin contrasting the pure white outfit as I paired the jacket on top, letting it hang on my shoulders.

My makeup was minimal, my skin glowing as I applied lipgloss.

"Perfect." I smiled at my reflection.

"Not fucking perfect." Lord give me strength, the way my heart almost stopped beating was not okay.

"Holy shit," I slapped my hand onto my chest, looking back to see Luis standing at the entrance of my room. "What the fuck, Luis? Don't ever sneak up on a woman like that." I snapped at him, sighing as I walked over to where my heels were, matching my outfit with red bottoms — thanks to Luis who got me this pair — popping the heels on.

"What the fuck are you thinking?" He sneered, heading towards me and I rolled my eyes, sitting on the edge of the chair by the dressing table, looking down, fixing my heel.

𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐀जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें