18.

I heard the ghost like whispers that flooded the living room, my heart pounding as I tensed behind Lorenzo.

It's been a while since I've seen everyone, I've been waiting for this day for so long now.

"It's alright, Mar." Lorenzo rubbed my back now pushing me in front of him, gently.

"I know but I'm nervous." I looked up at him, holding his hand and he softly smiled at me.

"I know, baby," He caressed my face. "But they've missed you a lot, especially Flavio." Oh, I know. "Probably more than me." We both just let out a small laugh. We know what he's like. This must've been hard on him, alongside everyone else. This whole situation was so fucked up.

I finally gathered the courage and stepped out in front of everyone, entering the living room as everyone zipped up their mouths and looked at me, as if they held their breathes until I spoke. Like after all this time, they can't believe it's me, here, standing in front of them.

"So..." I looked around at everyone, Dominic, Flavio, Grey. The rest were just people I knew of, they don't really matter to me, those are Ale's people. "Do I get a hug or wh—" Didn't take long until I felt Flavio engulf me in a tight hug, taking me off the floor as he held me tight against his body.

The sweet, familiar scent of his cologne wrapped around me too; his comfort, his love, I felt it radiating off his body. Oh, I missed him so much. I felt my neck suddenly being wet, he's crying... it's his tears that soaked my neck, his body now gently and slowly shaking as he sobbed in my neck so quietly.

"Oh, Vio." I hugged him back tighter, rubbing his back and the back of his head. I comforted him, just like he's done with me multiple times.

He moved away, wiping his tears and I felt my chest tighten just by seeing his sunken eyes, his waterlines red and so were his eyes. His long lashes soaked as he smiled down at me, giving my forehead a kiss and now Dominic came over to hug me.

He gave me a tight hug, rubbing my back and I hugged him back, never thought I'd see this annoying man again.

"It's crazy to see you here, actually standing in front of me," Dominic pulled away as he rubbed my arms. "And I know it's you... but it's like the Amara we know has lost herself somewhere." He scanned my face as he said that and I felt that pierce my heart because he read me so easily. I have. I've lost myself. I don't know who I am anymore.

"You're right." I muttered out and now Grey kissed his teeth at Dominic, brushing him aside as he hugged me.

"Don't listen to him, Mar, you're still the strong, amazing woman we all know and love." And that was it, I burst into tears. I felt my heart pounding and my chest tightening.

All those thoughts went through my mind, how Luis had me at my most vulnerable state, then proceeding to strip me of my identity. He did this repeatedly . Over and over again, until I lost myself. I'm not the strong, witty, confident Amara I once was. I have been stripped naked of my personality, of my dignity. Luis left me naked, backed into a corner in this dark room and I can't see the door that'll lead me out of this hell hole.

The power a woman holds is unbeatable by anything, a woman's power can bring men to their fucking knees. But take that woman's dignity and self respect, her body, her shrine, and you're left with nothing.

"Mara." Both Enzo's came and hugged me at once and I felt disgusted all of a sudden.

My skin burned and felt as if I was on fire, I let out a cry of pain as I struggled to push them off.

"Get off me!" I screamed, collapsing on the floor as I hugged myself, to stop anyone from touching me, I felt dirty.

"Ama--"