19.

Lorenzo

Regret clouds my mind day and night, guilt suffocates me in my sleep; the vision of Amara's kidnapping makes it difficult for me to sleep at night.

I lay in bed, my brain begging for unconsciousness but insomnia haunts my nights. Here, I lay, in the comfort of my own bed, my torso wrapped with my two small arms, belonging to the purpose I live for.

Watching her face so soft, free from stress and freight, she lays next to me with no worries like she's in the safest place possible.

Yet, I'm not sure if that's true.

I can't get over the fact that Amara got kidnapped from right next to me... and I couldn't do anything about it.

I felt helpless. Me, a D'Agostino, felt... helpless?

I felt like I was stripped of my powers, of my authority, of my title. But most importantly, I felt stripped from my dignity.

I honestly don't know how I spent the past year, knowing that I couldn't do shit whilst the love of my life suffered. It enrages me, I can feel my blood boil even now, knowing how badly Luis treated my girl. To see the strongest woman I have ever met, to crumble apart so quickly, to cry her heart out like it's been broken to pieces.

My girl is the strongest I know, out of all men and women. It's what I love about her. I will protect my girl, defend her and not let anything touch her -- not even a single strand of hair on her dead. I don't care, I will die protecting her, but I swear, I will never let her get in harms way.

I smoothly chopped away, gathering the strawberries and placing them in a bowl before continuing chopping the rest.

My eyes glancing at the pancakes that were cooking, I flipped them before placing them on a plate, the last plate which I made for myself.

"The fucker's alive." I didn't react though I felt glad hearing that. Now I get to kill him, slowly and painfully.

Drizzling some syrup on my pancakes, I added my strawberries to it, grabbing some utensils before I headed over to the table to join the others.

"How'd you find out?" Grey asked Flavio as he stuffed a big bite into his mouth.

"Had some men go check out the location Ajax told us," Flavio sat opposite me, next to Grey, his face flushed.

He seemed ecstatic over the fact Luis is alive, I know Flavio has been dreaming of Luis' death for a long time now. So have I. I can't wait to see that fucker choke on his own blood.

"We need a plan." I spoke now, my head cool and calm whereas everyone else was heated, ready to find Luis and tear him apart.

I am too but when you work with a calm head and patience, you benefit more.

"Don't worry about that," Dominic sipped on his coffee. "I'll sort that out," he told us. "Give me till tomorrow, guarantee Luis is dead by Friday." And this is what I like to see, my brother actually taking something seriously and getting some work done.

"I'll sort out weapons." Grey told us and I nodded.

"And I'll look after Amara." My eyes snapped to Flavio who smirked at me, grabbing my cup of coffee as he took a sip from it, sending me a wink.

"I will tear you apart from asshole to mouth." I stared right into his eyes but Flavio isn't scared of me. Never will be.

"Do you want me to bend over?" Oh, God.

"Ew." Dominic pulled a sour look as he grabbed his empty plate. "I'm leaving." He got up.

"Me too." Grey gagged a little as he distanced himself from Flavio.