17.

I felt my hair fly in the air, the cool breeze of the night skim my bare skin, whipping at my face as sweat and tears cascaded off my face.

My feet hurting, my legs aching, my chest heaving with pain but I won't stop. I'm going to run, and run, and run, until I find my freedom. Until I can see Lorenzo's face again. Hear Alec's laugh, hug Landon... I miss Flavio, hell I even miss Dominic.

I looked back, to catch a glimpse of Luis running after me, barefoot. I felt my chest tighten with anxiety, I can't be caught.

I can feel my muscles strain and ache, a cry of pain escaped my mouth and I felt my body slowing down automatically as I begged myself to keep going. To keep pushing myself more and more until I feel as if I'm going to collapse.

Maybe this is it... maybe my journey is meant to end here.

It's been a heck of a ride. I met the most amazing people ever... the worst too. My life wasn't the greatest but the people in it made living worth it. God, if you can hear me, please let me have these people in my next life. And that this time, we can live happily together. As a family.

I closed my eyes, feeling my body slow down as tears ran down my face.

This is it--

"Get in!" I snapped my eyes open, my body halting immediately as I felt the harsh wind whip my body; seeing Ajax frantically opening the door for me.

No way. I was wrong.

"Ajax!" This is my sign. I can't give up. I have people to see, I haven't finished giving these people my love, thank you God. "Swap!" He did not hesitate as he jumped into the passenger seat as I got in the drivers seat. It all happened so quick, the adrenaline in my body was gushing.

I didn't even shut the door, I let the force of the car swerving do it for me; seeing Luis slow down as I saw the pain of betrayal on his face. The headlights making him stand out as he looked like a maniac, the blood of his sister smeared on him everywhere, his hair a mess. I watched Luis' chest heave, his hands clench into fists as his face held a look of pain.

"I love you." He mouthed and my heart dropped. I'm baffled, I can't accept what he just said. Not even accept, I can't comprehend what he just said.

Is he okay? Love? This can't be Elijah Luis talking... I just murdered his sister.

"Amara, stop!" Luis yelled so loudly. "Don't leave!" Oh, don't worry. I'm not just leaving. I'm leaving you a parting present also.

"Amara, don't!" I didn't listen to Ajax, smashing my foot down on the accelerator, Luis' chest lowering as he saw his fate in my eyes.

We all saw what was coming.

Luis knew, I knew, we both knew what was going to happen.

This is the end of our story; as entertaining it must've been to him, Luis has left me with some of the worst memories of my life. I've been hit before, I've been cussed at, hated, everything. But never has a man cared for me, shown me affection and take advantage of it but abusing me.

Yes, I didn't feel affection for Luis, but I still acted like it. Making myself so vulnerable to another man who's not Lorenzo, receiving his affection yet still being abused in such a state is beyond me. Luis really messed with me, he fucked me up. He embarrassed me to my core, I, Amara Torres, has never been stripped of my courage and confidence... until I met Luis. Sometimes, I don't even recognise myself.

All I know, whatever Luis is going to face, he's asked for it. And he deserves it, maybe even worse.

I clenched my jaw, my hands gripping the wheel as I braced myself and so did Ajax, covering his face. Just in two seconds, the bonnet of the car collided with Luis, his body flying up in the air and I didn't even look back to see where he landed.