Wedding Bells

Canon to my The Show Must Go On AU.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Henry? Ah, there you are. What are you doing out here?"

"I'm… Anxious."

William looked Henry up and down, noticing his friend's slightly messed up suit.

"Well, you can't go out looking like that now…" William said. He reached for Henry's hand, which the other man gladly took, and they headed inside. "What are you all anxious for, anyways? I don't see the need." He said, lying as if he also didn't feel anxious about today.

"Just… The whole wedding thing is all. God, Will, I feel like I'm going to embarrass myself…" Henry confessed, giving him a nervous little look. "Fuck, what if I have a hard time making eye contact during the vows? I don't want to be seen as disrespectful-"

"Bloody hell, Henry, the eye contact is the least important thing." William replied, letting out a small chuckle. "What matters is you're here and about to get married."

Henry nodded, the curled locks of his newly cut hair bouncing as he did so. 

"Would you like me to help you get freshened up?" William asked, to which Henry nodded again. "Alright, take a seat."

Henry sat down on one of the cushioned, though awfully uncomfortable seats and looked up at William.

"How do you do it?"

"Do what, darling?"

"Be so… Confident." 

"Well I…" William paused for a moment. "Hm… Actually, stand up for me for a moment, would you?"

"Uhhh, okay."

Henry stood up and William immediately got to work fixing his outfit up. 

"Would you like help with your hair as well?" William offered. Henry blushed and looked down, giving a shameful nod.

"I'm having a hard time making it look nice ever since I cut it…" Henry mumbled.

"I can see why… Having length to your hair weighs it down a little and makes your hair a bit less wild and curly." William said as he rebuttoned Henry's fix jacket. "... I still can't believe you actually got it cut…"

"Oh… Well… Y'know…"

"... Yeah… I do…" William sighed, tucking in Henry's shirt and straightening out the jacket. "... There… Now that that's fixed, feel free to sit down again."

Henry nodded and sat down while William went and grabbed a hairbrush and got behind Henry to begin brushing his hair.

"... I saw Christopher showed up. Looks like he's started to get a beard growing on his face." William said, running the brush through Henry's locks. 

God that feels so wonderfully soft, he thought to himself with a little smile.

"Oh wow, well it's good to know his transition seems to be going well." 

"Transition to what?" William asked. 

"Well, he… You know what? Nevermind." Henry awkwardly chuckled, bouncing his leg and tapping his fingers on the underside of the chair he sat on. "I'm glad to know he could make it." 

William smiled and nodded. "You're awfully fidgety right now."

"Yeah, haha. Like I said… Nervous…" Henry replied, his eyes darting around the room as he tried to look for something to focus his eyes on. Maybe it will help stop with the fidgeting, he thought to himself. Make it less annoying.