The Machine

Non-canon to my The Show Must Go On AU.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The Englishman tapped the steering wheel as he sat in his car. He was looking at Henry's home, pondering if he should really be here. William felt exceptionally nervous about going to Henry's house ever since he had spoken with Henry over the phone about the man's recent purchases.

Apparently, Henry had purchased some robot parts for a project that William hadn't been told about. When William brought it up, Henry had said that he had been hoping to surprise him, but it had seemed that William had found out anyways. But William couldn't help but feel like Henry had been lying to him. He wasn't exactly sure what made him feel this way. He just had a gut feeling, like something was wrong.

William got out of his car and made his way to the garage. He was hoping that Henry had forgotten to lock it, though the possibility of that seemed rather unlikely. He knew how protective Henry was over his little workshop. Or rather, the creations that workshop contained.

William leaned over and tried pulling up the garage door. Of course, as he suspected, it was locked.

Looks like I'll have to grab the key.

William walked over to the front door. He knew that Henry kept a key taped on the bottom of his welcome mat. He had been told this by Henry, just in case an emergency happened and he needed to access his partner's home. He supposed that his concern for Henry was enough of an emergency. William lifted up the mat and snatched the key.

He walked back over to the garage door and inserted the key before pulling the door up. The man inwardly panicked at the sudden loudness of the garage door. Right. Garage doors are loud when you open them. How could he have forgotten that?

William stood still for a few moments, listening for any possible noises from inside the house. Thankfully, he didn't seem to have disturbed Henry. Or that... thing.

William exhaled, realizing that he had also been holding his breath. He entered Henry's garage, being careful to avoid possibly stepping on anything. Henry was somewhat of a messy man and William certainly didn't want to be breaking any of Henry's things, knowing well that a lot of this stuff was expensive.

By some miracle, William managed to make it to the lightswitch. He flipped it on and waited for the light to flicker on.

The light was dim but at least he could see now.

William looked around Henry's workshop and smiled a little bit. It smelled like oil and metal and Henry in there. God he loved the smell of that man. Sometimes he just wanted to...

No. You gotta focus, William. You came here to figure out what's wrong with him, not to go around sniffing his things and daydreaming of him.

William walked over to the table and picked up a circuit board that had been left out. He noticed that it was slightly broken. William set it down and looked around the room. His heart sank a little, realizing that, with how messy this room was, it would probably be pretty damn hard to find whatever it was that he was looking for.

Fuck... What am I looking for?

He knew he needed to find out what Henry was up to, but what exactly was he looking for? A machine? Parts of a machine? Blueprints?

William huffed, feeling a little frustrated. What if it was pointless for him to come here? He'd just be wasting his time on something stupid.

He let his eyes wander around the garage until they settled on something that William didn't recognize. There was a large object with a sheet draped over it in the corner, next to the metal endoskeleton with the burning eyes.