Madness

"You act like this is some big accomplishment."

"What do you mean? This is a big accomplishment!"

"Deceiving a man who does not know any better is no accomplishment..."

"You make it sound as if he's a fool."

"In a sense, he is, but it's not his fault. He hasn't seen you for the monster you really are."

"And he never shall. It would ruin everything if he did."

"As if you weren't the one to ruin everything already..."

"That's not what I meant... What I meant was-"

"Oh, I know exactly what you meant, you selfish monster."

"I'm not being selfish, I'm-"

"Doing what's best for him, right? Is that the lie you're going to keep telling yourself?"

"It's not a lie. I just want to protect him."

"Well, you're doing quite the opposite, though I'm fairly certain you haven't really noticed that, have you? You're far too caught up on what you believe he will become impressed by."

"You mean what he will be impressed by."

"..."

"This will be my big breakthrough. I'll have found a way to cure death itself, and I'll finally earn his love and praise! It's all I could ever ask for! His... His love and praise... For me and only me."

"... So I guess there's no sense in trying to get you to stop this madness..."

"Madness? No, far from it. I'm achieving my happy ending. I'm going to make sure Henry and I are happy together... Just like it was meant to be. Like we were meant to be."