Forty-Three

TRIGGER WARNING This chapter contains content about suicide which may be triggering. I acknowledge that this content may be difficult. I also encourage all readers to care for your safety and mental health if you wish to proceed forward. If this topic is triggering to you, I advise skipping to the Omniscient POV.

If you or someone you know is having suicidal thoughts, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

There's only five days until the trial begins against Caprice

There's only five days until the trial begins against Caprice. As the days dwindle down Magenta's feeling every emotion possible. Anxiousness, fear, anger, sadness, regret, and relief. It's been a long 7 months since the assault has happened. So much has transpired from good to a lot of bad.

She's glad neither the defendant or state found more reasons to push the trial back. Caprice got his wish to a speedy trial, while also not accepting a plea deal. The state also seems to have all the information they need to present a solid case on Gen's behalf.

Magenta's the most nervous about going on the stand to tell her side of the story. The D.A. has prepared her as much as possible for what they might ask her and she thinks she's ready. At least she hopes she is.

To help ease her overloaded mind, Gen and Gee decided to take a road trip. Instead of flying straight to Los Angeles they got a rental car beginning the trip with enough time to stop and sight see. During the scenic drive they've stopped at quaint towns visiting some beautiful places in order to connect with nature and make memories.