2. Introduction and shopping

Ez: "Alright, everyone. The show's gonna begin."

I disliked the entrance ceremony and imagined that many first-year students probably felt the same. The principal and the students exchanged excessive words of gratitude, there was far too much time spent standing in lines, and, with so many irritating things to deal with, it all felt like a huge pain in the butt. But those weren't my only complaints. The entrance ceremonies for elementary school, junior high, and high school all mean the same thing: the start of another major trial for children. For students to enjoy their time at school, they must make friends, and there are only a few key days after the entrance ceremony to properly do that. Failure to do so signals the beginning of a rather tragic three years.

Oreki: " I hate entrance ceremonies too. It's a waste of energy."

Iino: "It is a necessity for discipline.

Ishigami: " I'm glad that I missed my entrance ceremony."

Hachiman: "I partly agree with you, Ishigami."

Kaguya: "Ishigami-kun. Final warning. You must never skip the assembly."

Ishigami fiercely nods.

Miyuki: 'Honestly! She cares for him as her brother.'

"As someone who dislikes trouble, I decided I'd like to establish proper relationships. Unfamiliar with the notion, I'd spent the day before in preparation, running through different scenarios.

For instance, should I burst into the classroom and actively start talking to people? Should I secretly pass around a slip of paper with my email address, so as to better befriend someone? Someone like me needed to practice because this environment was so different from what I'd experienced thus far. I was completely isolated. I had ventured alone into the battlefield and it was do or die.

Zamiozuka: "OHHHHH."

Yui: "What is it,. Chuuni-chan?"

Zamiozuka: "That's the main character's seat."

Ishigami: "So harem is included, huh?"

Iino: "Stop fantasizing. Manga and real-life are included.

Ez: "Ishigami is right."

Everyone got confused

Looking around the classroom, I walked toward the seat that bore my nameplate. It was at the back of the room, near the window. A good place to sit, generally. As I looked around, I saw that the room was already halfway filled with students. The others were either immersed in their class materials or already talking with other people. Perhaps they'd all been friends beforehand or had only recently gotten acquainted. Well then, what should I do? Take action during this free time and try to meet someone? In front of me, a rather rotund boy sat at his desk, hunching over. Perhaps it was my imagination, but he appeared lonely.

The boy exuded an aura that seemed to shout, "Please, someone be my friend!" However, if you just went up to someone and start talking, you might be bothering them. Should you wait for the right time? But then you might wait too long and be left friendless. I just had to... No, no, wait, I couldn't be hasty. If I started a thoughtless conversation with someone I didn't know, I ran the risk of making a serious social gaffe.
Not "alone. Had I heard someone say, "Is he still all alone?" Had I heard chuckling? Perhaps it was all in my head. What on earth are "friends," anyway? Where do friends come from? Do people become friends after sharing a meal together? Can you become friends with someone after you walk to the bathroom together for the first time? The more I thought about it, the more I wondered: What is friendship? Is it something deep and meaningful? I tried to piece it together.
Trying to make friends is incredibly bothersome. Besides, don't human relationships tend to form naturally? My thoughts were in utter disarray, as though a raucously loud festival was being staged inside my head. While I sat lost in a haze, the classroom quickly filled. Fine. Whatever. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? After a long period of conflict, I finally began to rise from my seat. However...
Before I knew it, the rotund, bespectacled boy in front of me had started to talk with another classmate.
Wearing a bitter smile, I realized that there was no new friendship to be cultivated there. I'm happy for you, Glasses-kun. It looks like you made your first friend