𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙚𝙜𝙚𝙡 𝙞𝙢 𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙚𝙜𝙚𝙡 ━━ 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴

▬▬ spiegel im spiegel, light in your eyes

"RIGHT, RIGHT, it really does make sense, right?"

You were sitting on the floor at the hall of floor ten: reddish sunlight sparking off the blots of blood flanking the surface. The cursed spirit the cursed user created were eliminated, oxidizing against the air after a countless dread of fighting them.

"'Mirrors in the mirror.'," you said, a thrill ran through you. "It refers to an infinity mirror, which produces an infinity of images reflected by parallel plane mirrors."

It must be tricky to find the weakness of the curse technique, and knowing that you had the absolute power above all, you could just pause time even for a second and kill the motherfucker. He wouldn't be aware, nevertheless . . . Especially if he died that instant.

Though the cursed user didn't explain it to you, it was quite a shame that it took you long enough to realize.

"But still useless in the end, eh?" you laughed, crazy enough as you talked to an amputated head. "You fucking prick."

Displeasure and spite were simultaneously carved into your cheeks. Despite that, your voice had no anger, because it was satisfying to see a cocky human meet his demise. That was how arrogance could do. You knew that you were arrogant yourself, but you had all the rights to be this arrogant. Grabbing the man's head, you exited the elevator car as you rode your triumphant high of your good mood. You were still nauseous from last night's psychoactivity, and it couldn't be helped not to make any mess, blow some steam, and seethe with animosity.

You didn't care about the aftermath of this, and by the time you walked into the hallway, you were even humming a cheerful tune while hopping on the process.

From your standing point, you had watched every trickle of cursed energy oxidized.

But what appalled you was that Nanami wasn't returning, neither the mirror dimension crumbling.

You began to think. It looked like that mirror dimension could operate on its own even if the creator had died.

"Huh," you lauded as you leveled the severed head to your face, "what a waste of potential you have there, dont you think?"