𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙙 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙨 ━━ 𝘢 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦

▬▬ hollowed deaths, a time after time

FOR SOME MINUTES PASSED, Mykerinos had been wearing himself out running around in search of a hiding place without finding anything promising. If it had simply been a matter of scurrying here and there, he knew his strong physique could have easily carried Thine Highness through. But as he was baffled by time, he suddenly became uncertain just as he was stretching out his hand to unravel the situation, thus he found his mind failing him sooner than his body.

The citadel of Kemi served as the home of kings and their households and was the ceremonial and political center of the clan's government for over 500 years. It was surrounded by numerous opulent imperial gardens and temples, as well as the high city walls. These walls served as both defensive walls and retaining walls for the palace, constructed with a rammed earth core and surfaced with three layers of specially baked bricks on both sides, with the interstices filled with mortar.

The walls were pierced by a gate on each side. And during the dead of the night, all of them were shut close. No one could come in, no one could get out. At the four corners of the wall, sat towers with intricate roofs, dignified by pylons and bead or roll molding.

Truly, Mykerinos must be well-informed by sequences of space and configuration of the paths, yet he was still careful not to harbor attention. But he failed that part. He got out of the palace with the servants and guards' notice. He couldn't help but shrug the uncertainties off; Mykerinos was, nevertheless, had the authority.

Deciding to let the Highness escape could be the permanent solution to the permanent problem the kingdom would be facing. Life after this would be brutal. He still had no idea where he would take you. Perhaps he had a plan or two in his mind, but none of them were feasible enough. What was more important was to escape inside the palace's premises before the sordid news about the dead king would disseminate like a wildfire.

He then only found himself scampering towards the outer court of the palace, the Imperial Garden. He only needed to pass through the garden, it would finally be the northern gate. It didn't matter if there were guards on the defense, his confidence in his fighting ability was dependable.