𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙨 ━━ 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘨𝘮𝘴

▬▬ untold archives: shifting of paradigms

LIKE THOSE NIGHTLY INTERVALS WHEN HE COULDN'T SLEEP, Nanami carefully taught himself how to paint using goauche. Not that he was fond of doing artworks, nor he was already good at it, but it was the past-time he found fairly appealing. If seeing himself again in an occasional sleepiness and restless night, he would leave his bedroom and decided to tire himself with relaxing activities. Often in the midnights, he could be found at his study room, if not mindlessly reading a book, then drawing the photos he snapped with his phone.

Just this morning, after finishing his mission in a 300-hectare botanic garden managed by a prestigious university in Japan (who studied and conserved forestry and natural resources), he found himself wandering, fascinated, in and among the fragrant grasses, viewing the lushful amaranthus flowers that grew near the pond.

He was just doing that, painting on an A5-sized goauche paper, then hearing his doorbell chimed. His concentration got divided, raising his head in a surprised manner. He did consider it as a prank first, but again, it chimed. That was his cue, telling him that someone was on his doorsteps.

After treading to his main door, he wondered who would visit him at this hour? He already had a vague idea, but didn't want to assume so he just looked for who was it. There, he saw someone standing through the visual intercom connected on his doorbell.

It was you.

He hadn't seen you for a week, and the way you appear through the small monitor, a pair of weary eyes was reflecting within.

He immediately unlocked the door.

Your gaze snapped, full of anticipation to see him when you heard the clanking sounds of the door's lockworks. You traveled your gaze at him when the door panel was fully swung open and revealed his whole form, then you smiled gratefully, for in your eagerness to know that he was still awake.