𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙢𝙚𝙯𝙯𝙤 ━━ 𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘶𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴

▬▬ intermezzo: quantifying repercussions

YOU DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THE SURROUNDINGS. You had no idea how slow you were walking, even how the time was hastening on your pace. Where everything was so still, silent, tranquil, only you and Nanami were only in motion.

You were gazing downward, watching how your footsteps alternated to each other. For some reason, your feet felt heavy—in which it should not. You had just recovered your mind and body, your constitution should be in the perfect state. What only keeping your feet dragging because of the ghastly displeasure rippling in depths of you. You were looking at the ground as if it was some rotting animal and your thoughts were equally foul for thinking of murder right on that moment.

You sank in deep thoughts, the emotion of extreme repulsion had caressed your heart that it became a torture. Still not knowing where to go, everything felt alienating, static, and disconnected as if everything was ripped out of a dystopian novel. In that cage of improbability, the loss of sanity was spiralling. You were the author of that despairing setting, manipulator of chaos, but it seemed that you were also puppet of yourself—controlled by something illusionary and relative.

You walked along, and the airlessness of that motionless setting had drawn hard for you and Nanami to breathe. While in motion, time had stopped running on that area—the state of an object to be unable to change. The energy of every object was conserved, the light and air froze. If that pursued for any more seconds, you and Nanami would suffer due to asphyxiation.

Reaching the quarter of a kilometer, where the air was silent, in the proximity of market place and the dark grey-colored concrete pavement sloping down the suburb, you stopped walking.

You watched Nanami's back for a bit long more while gap between you and him was widening. You awed for a moment. He was walking ahead of you, just like a guide, like a direction, like a compass.

Nanami was idly trudging the sidewalk, thinking little at all about nothing in particular. While yanking Mori by his collar, however, he slowed down as if a wind had sprung up from nowhere—