𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙜𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙨 ━━ 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴

▬▬ through the hourglass: reliving moments

". . . will you go out with me?"

IN THE QUIET SPACES BETWEEN HIM AND YOU, Nanami always perceived that your intangible image lived in metaphors. You, whose presence was comparable to the vast expanse of the sky, were drawing him in the privileges of your umbra. The scarlets in your eyes were like the births of universes, like the blazes of a thousand stars exploding that caused cosmic rays, and each gaze was a bridge to the infinity between you and him. You were the revelations of the gods, the verses of a poet's quill and ink, and the muse of the unfathomable—time and time and again.

On that rumination of unveiling your mystifying likeness in silent testimony of wonders and echoes, before he could drown from the rivers of your half-glimpsed eyelashes, he responded:

"No."

Your jaw dropped, almost sinking yourself on the floor.

Then he walked passed after you as if he was dodging your existence.

"Wha—?"

You were stunned to speak as you were just tracing your gaze at him who was a few meters away from you already.

"Nanami!" you whined loudly in the middle of the corridor after recovering from that delayed shock. "Whyyyyyyyyyy????"

He rejected you again.

And you had no idea why.

Then you chased him down, while he hurried his pace again. Really, he should have left you while his head was still placated with an understanding of what was happening, only departing away from you and your nonsensical invitation.