𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 ━━ 𝘪 𝘱𝘳𝘢𝘺

▬▬ curses and blessings, i pray

THE MORNING YOU WOKE UP, you were surprised when three chambermaids had entered your room, bringing refined gifts, fresh flowers, and expensive clothes and ornaments.

"Greetings, Her Highness."

Your eyes were narrowed remarkably, a crease was formed on your forehead. You were back to your old name again: Her Highness.

You didn't like the sound of it, but you were too overwhelmed to react according to the matter.

The chambermaids discussed together with the idea of inviting guests over for a special celebratory meal in your honor. You had had a gloomy premonition that this might happen ever since Isostress insisted on having you and Tengen as his guests.

You were quick to reject the idea, begging them not to go making an unnecessary fuss.

You already had a fair share of hatred in the kind of guests you got in your previous life as a princess. People came over with the sole intention of eating and drinking, happy for any excuse to get together. Since childhood, you had suffered at having to be present at the table with these people, imagining how much more painful it would be when you were the cause of the gathering. They wouldn't listen to you, even if you kept stressing that you didn't want all this fuss about anything . . . Such as you were.

"The king thoroughly instructed us to serve the Highness with the utmost attention."

No matter you resisted, you were coerced to beautify yourself. For what purpose? Little by little, you grew angry with the people around you and became distant. You fed your lowly self with dollops of rage and hatred. As you stood in front of the chambermaids while pampering you in the dressing room, you were not especially pleased with what you were seeing. They made you wore a white silk gown that covered the body from the ankles to bossoms, and was held up by decorative shoulder straps and waist sash, then gave you a decorative collar made out of tightly hued bands and embroidered materials and beads that set around your bare neck and shoulders. Bracelets, earrings, pendants, rings, ankle bracelets—all made from precious stones—also set off to your white garments in a beautiful contrast of blues, greens, browns, and golds.