【3】

Nikki leans against the wall outside of Vibe and takes in some deep breaths, closing her eyes and inhaling the scents of New York. Her nose burns from the overwhelming scent of urine and vomit floating through the air. Putting out her cigarette, she grabs the side of the metal emergency exit door and kicks the brick that holds it open inside, allowing it to close behind her. 

Finishing the remaining contents of the water bottle in her hand, she tosses it into one of the many garbage cans that lines the back area of the club, before making her return behind the bar. 

"Hey Nikki, some girl was asking for you; said you'd be back in 10. Seemed to know you."  

Nikki looks at Ian, "What did she look like? Did she give a name? Can't be too careful, ya know?" 

Ian laughs, "She was cute; little on the young side. I think she mentioned something about trees if that helps." 

Nikki laughs and nods, "It does. Thanks. Don't worry, she's not a stalker; atleast, I don't think she is."

Ian eyes her up, "You don't think? Let me guess, you haven't sealed the deal with her yet." 

Nikki shakes her head, "I haven't and as weird as it may should coming from me; I'm not in a rush too. She's nice and I think I kinda want to keep her around as maybe a friend."  

"Thought you didn't do friends?" 

"It's been way too long since I've had some one other than Paige or even Brynn to hang out with, I'd be nice to have some fresh blood in the picture and you have to admit, she's easy on the eyes and wouldn't be the worst person to be around." 

Ian laughs, "I think you're looking for a girlfriend, not a girl who's a friend." 

"Been there, done that; probably still have the t-shirt I got with her, before she cheated on me."  

"Ouch. My phone is buzzing, I'll see you out there, stud." 

Nikki laughs as she makes her way back towards the employees only entrance to the bar area and resumes her place behind the bar with the music pulsing aorund her. 

Passing a couple of drinks across the bar, Nikki looks up to find a smiling Aspen standing there. 

"I'll be right with you, just need to finish an order." 

She finishes lining the counter with the requested drinks and passes them off to be delivered to one of the booths. 

"What can I get you?" 

Aspen smiles, "Surprise me." 

"That's a rather dangerous thing to say in the city, because, it could result in a cute girl like you being slipped something. It would seem the drink of preference tonight is a cosmo; how about I whip you up one?" 

Aspen smiles and nods before watching Nikki add some ice and the ingredients to a shaker. Placing a strainer over the glass, she experting pours the drink into it before finishing it off with a slice of lime. 

Nikki places the instruments of her trade in the sink before then delivering the drink to Aspen and setting it down in front of her. 

Aspen sips it and smiles, "This is really good. How much do I owe you?" 

"It's on me. Didn't you say that you'd be coming with some friends?" 

Aspen turns to the side and points over to one of the booths, "See those two all over each other? I came with them, but, am kinda feeling like a fifth wheel. Is it cool if I sit here for a bit?"