【4】【0】

It's now Sunday afternoon and after spending the morning getting a workout in and helping Paige with laundry and cleaning the apartment, Nikki and her sister grab a spot in front of the television to watch the United States Women's National Team take on Spain in a friendly.

"Wait, so you're telling me that 15 of the players for Spain walked because the Federation backed the Head Coach over them and they're about to field a team of players who are basically rookies against the top team in the world?"

Paige nods, "Yeah. The players tried to raise concerns with their Federation about the Coach, his lack of experience, poor decision making and questionable training sessions and the Federation turned it's back on them. But this is where it gets more interesting, the Coach, Jorge Vila, is also the son of the head of the Women's Program for the Spanish Federation."

Nikki shakes her head, "Really? That's fucked! Yet, another case of the penis club having each other's back and not rating the women. So, fucking, frustrating, how much shit, men and some women get away with and aren't held accountable for their actions."

"You do realize that you're venturing into a career that's been notoriously male dominated forever, right?'

Nikki nods, "It's opened up more recently and I'm hoping that by the time I finish school, my designs will speak for themselves and it won't matter that I've tits and no dick."

Paige rolls her eyes, "How do you always manage to make everything about sex?"

"Wasn't exactly the direction I was going, but tell me more about how you need to get laid, Sis." Nikki bursts out laughing.

"Shut up! By the way in case, you were wondering the equipment guy is a sweetheart, but, it's a deal breaker that he has two kids and an ex-wife. I don't need a guy with baggage when I've already got you."

"Hey!" Nikki tosses a pillow in her sister's direction and laughs, "I've been working on lessening my baggage, hoping to fit it all inside a carry on soon."

Paige lets out a chuckle and nods before turning her attention to the screen, "Looks like Kristie is starting on the bench again."

Nikki stands up, "If that's the case, then, I've got things I could be doing rather than watching her sit on the bench."

"Isn't today supposed to be an off day for you?"

Nikki nods, "Yeah, but I still need to plan out my week around my workouts and our meals, so that I know what to get at the grocery store. Speaking of which, that grocery cart thingy has been a life and back saver! It's not the best look, but at least I no longer have to try and carry like ten bags and not squish the bread or crack the eggs."

"How about I shout if there's anything news worthy happening during the match?"

"Sounds good."

Nikki heads in to her room, opens her laptop and begins jotting down some notes in her now can't go anywhere without it journal / day planner.

"Paige, do I like brussel sprouts?"

"No! and for that matter, neither do I."

"Okay. What's the score?"

"Still scoreless ... oh, wait, scratch that, Spain just scored. Scramble in the box, from a corner."

While Paige continues to watch the USWNT struggle against a team of relatively unknown players, Nikki continues to search the web for inspirational food ideas. She bookmarks the recipes and writes down the ingredients required to make them. Before she goes shopping, she'll double check what they already have and cross of what is no longer needed.