【2】【6】

Brynn flashes her rock in Nikki's direction and laughs, "I literally got down on my knee and was waiting for her to turnaround, so that I could propose and be damned if she didn't have a ring box in her hand when she did. I asked her and then, she asked me, obviously the answer was yes to both proposals. I'm so fucking happy right now, Nik; there's nothing you could say that is going to knock me down off this wave of hormonal and emotional bliss I'm currently riding." 

Nikki smiles at her friend and boss, "Riding, huh? So, does that confirm you like to be on top?" 

Brynn bursts out laughing, walks over and hugs her. "I missed you. The bar is still standing, so, how'd it all go? Did you enjoy being the Bitch in charge?" 

"I always enjoy being in charge, B; ask Kristie, she'll confirm." Nikki winks and then bursts out laughing. "Seriously, though, I never realized that you looked after as many things as you do. I always just knew the club was ready to be opened, the stations full and the entertainment looked after when I came in. It was an eye opener, but, I, have to say that I mostly enjoyed it and wouldn't mind doing it again." 

"Now, you understand why I'm always the first here and last to leave. Were you able to figure out how to divy up the tips in the system?" 

"I think so, but, that's something you should double check; I wouldn't want the team to be shorted." 

"How was that VIP group that came in? The one that left the big tip?" 

Nikki sits down on the couch and hangs her head, "Do you remember a couple years ago when I started dating the basketball player and then she ended up ghosting me and moving to France?"

"How could I forget, she did a number on you and also, she was hot." 

"Still is. Apparently, she's back in New York and it was her group that came in." 

"Did she recognize you?" 

Nikki nods, "She did; it sounds like she orchestrated the entire thing in order to see me." 

"I guess that is kind of flattering, but, also, what the fuck?" 

"Exactly! She left me with no word of warning or invitation to join her and now, she just shows up here and thinks she still got a chance with me. I let her know that I had a girlfriend and was happy and she still continued to push her luck. I ended up caving and taking a couple pictures with her and the group she came in with, making sure she tagged the club before getting back to work as I figured it was good publicity. Paige still follows her on Instagram and mentioned that some of the comments on the post were, umm, offensive." 

"Offensive towards the club, you or her?" 

"All of the above. I'm sorry if I let you down, Brynn." 

"I take it that you've never looked up the reviews and ratings for Vibe online, have you?" 

Nikki shakes her head, "No, why?" 

"There are alot of people out there who still aren't supportive of the queer lifestyle and use every platform to talk us down, spread their hateful words and tell us the world would be better of without us. Vibe is no different, we cater to the queers and there's been numerous issues of graffiti and vandalism that I've had to deal with since opening the club, not to mention paying through the nose for security and security systems, but, I refuse to give in and this place is thriving."

Nikki nods, "Speaking of graffiti, the side of the building got tagged again." 

Brynn nods, "I saw. I'll message the cleaners and have it dealt with asap. After, we look over the financials for the past few days, you'll be good to go. Are you sure it's a good idea to go there alone? Isn't this something that could be done over the phone or computer?"