【5】【5】

"A little bit higher on the left; Bob centre it with the bar, hold it, yep, right there!"

Kristie slowly moves her phone as she steps back a bit further. "Okay, are you satisfied with how everything looks?"

"Yes. Please tell your parents thank you for everything they're doing. The club looks amazing, wish I could be there to help."

Kristie smiles. "I wish you were here too; it's been a bit of a challenge dealing with Brynn. I think she's still pissed off with me about what happened, even though I've repeatedly apologized."

"She not only lost money by having to close early and the bad publicity in the media about it, she also lost her Assistant Manager, best mixologist and jill of all trades. She's stressed out, Babe; it's understandable, don't worry, she's not known for holding grudges, which in my case is a good thing because if so, I would have been unemployed and living in a box beside Whizzer a longtime ago. Here's a tip, go to Starbucks and get her an iced caramel macchiato and biscotti. Usually, helps to get me out of the dog house, so it should work for you as well."

Kristie chuckles. "Why do I have a feeling that the Starbucks barista knows that order by heart?"

Nikki smiles. "Not so much recently; I've been working on getting my shit together and I'm never late anymore."

Kristie smiles, "Okay, your screen time is up; pass your phone back to Paige and I'll see you later."

"Urgh! But ..."

Paige reaches her hand out towards her sister and shakes her head. "No buts; now tell your girlfriend you love her and will see her later."

"Fine. Love you, beautiful."

"Love you, Nik; be good for Paige, okay?"

"I'll try."

"Try hard and perhaps, I'll bring you home a sandwich from the deli down the street."

"With an extra pickle?"

Kristie chuckles. "Maybe, even two. Bye, Babe."

"Bye." Nikki hands her phone over to Paige, who promptly silences it.

"Did I get any messages or emails from school?"

"A few messages checking in and seeing how you're doing and you won a free cruise, but only if you click and give them your credit card number."

"Ohhh, where am I going this time?"

Paige chuckles. "I didn't click."

"Probably for the better. I'm going to go lay down for a bit, I'm starting to feel tired." Nikki stands up and makes her way back to use the bathroom and then curl back under the covers.

She wakes up to a body beside her and feels Kristie move some hair away from her face before leaning over and kissing her temple. Nikki smiles. "Hey, Baby; how long have you been home?"

"Not long. How are you feeling?"

"Better now that you're here."

"Seriously, though."

"Still feeling a little discombobulated at times and tired, but I was okay with the phone and did you see I started to build the Lego?"

Kristie chuckles. "Paige told me that you opened the box, dumped some of the pieces on the table and gave up when you couldn't follow the instructions."

"I got through 5 pages before I quit. But that's 5 more than yesterday and I'm going to try and do more tomorrow."

Kristie smiles. "It's not a race to get it built, you can take your time."