【5】【9】

Kristie is awoken to the feel of lips kissing a path down her spine and lets out a soft moan.

"Should I continue?"

"Only, if you want to be late for work."

"If I tell Brynn I got lost between your legs, she'll understand."

Kristie chuckles and turns over to face her girlfriend, smiling as what she sees and reaching her hand up and placing it on Nikki's cheek. "Hey."

Nikki smiles, "Hey beautiful." Nikki leans down and they share a kiss before she lay down beside Kristie and watches her.

"You look different; I don't know how to explain it."

"I look like I finally got laid."

Kristie bursts out laughing. "That too!"

Nikki chuckles and takes a deep breath. "I'm ready."

"Babe, you can't go to work naked."

"Not that kind of ready. I mean, I'm ready to get back to being the girlfriend and lover you deserve rather than being the person I thought I was supposed to be or needed to be, to get ahead. I've been neglecting us, you and even Paige in my pursuit of personal glory and that ends right now."

"You haven't been neglecting me, Nik; you've had other stuff going on and ..."

"There's no excuse, Kris. You've been here for me, waiting on me hand and foot, loving me and basically putting your life on hold, despite the fact that I was a complete dumbass who got myself knocked coo-coo when it all was completely unnecessary."

"Nik, that's called being in a relationship with someone you love and would do anything for. You were only put in that position because you felt that you needed to protect me and there's nothing wrong with or unnecessary about that."

"I love you, Kris; I really do."

"I know you do, Babe."

"Okay, rather than me continuing to down this path of feeling inadequate, I'm in turn going to try and flip the narrative by asking you out on a date tomorrow afternoon. Your choice as to what we do and where we go, I really just want to spend time with you outside of these four walls."

"What if I say we're getting our nails done?"

Nikki grits her teeth, "Then I'll ask you what colour looks best on me."

"And if I say I want to go shopping?"

"I'll carry your bags. I'll order your coffee. I'll be your personal photographer and take a million pictures of you looking cute, that you'll want to delete later. I'll basically do whatever you want and or require tomorrow."

"What if I just want to stay in bed, naked with my girlfriend?"

Nikki chuckles and shakes her head. "Not an option; needs to be outside of the apartment."

Kristie smiles, "I could just book a hotel room then and we could try out the bed, the shower, the floor and anywhere and everywhere in between."

"As tempting as that all sounds, the answer is still going to be no."

"What about lunch and a movie?"

Nikki smiles and nods, "Let's do that! We can find a theatre playing a movie we don't care about and just make out the entire time."

Kristie chuckles. "We got a bit of time left to make out before the alarm goes off."

The couple enjoys several long kisses before being rudely interrupted by the alarm sounding out and indicating that it's now time for Nikki to get up and get moving.