Chapter 2: Pain

Taehyung's POV

As a couple of months go by, I continue to fight to blow off steam. Hoseok hyung comes with me to every fight. To my surprise, he is going to fight tonight as well.

"Are you sure?" I ask as we walk towards the arena.

"I'm sure. I need to hit something." He mumbles as the anniversary approaches.

"Me too. I really hope that whoever they have planned for me is good at taking punches." I mumble and massage Hoseok hyung's shoulders to help him loosen up.

"He wouldn't be able to recognize the people we've become." Hoseok hyung chuckles with sorrow in his voice.

"He would. He always knew we had this in us, but he tried his best to protect us so that we never turned into this." I softly smile and hug him.

"True. He became the monster to protect us." Hoseok hyung growls with regret and anger in his voice.

I know how he feels. He feels weak and useless. If only I was stronger. Kookie would still be alive. We have the same thoughts. No amount of time will ever get rid of these thoughts.

I watch with pride as Hoseok hyung leaves his opponent rolling on the ground in pain. Unlike me, he likes to leave them conscious.

"Good job, Hyung." I smile and give him a high five.

"Thank you." He grins and dabs his finger against the cut on his lip.

"You two! You forgot to call me!" Jin hyung huffs as he walks over to us with his medical kit.

"Sorry." I grin and sling my arm over his shoulder.

"No goofy grins. I'm not forgiving you." He huffs and begins cleaning Hoseok hyung's lip.

"I didn't have time to bet on you!" Jimin hyung pouts as he walks up and holds his money in his hands.

"Place all of it on V. You'll win a lot." Hoseok hyung chuckles as he looks at Jimin's pitiful pout.

"I can't believe that I'm making money off of my friends' fighting." Namjoon hyung shakes his head as he walks up to us after placing his bets.

"I'm a police officer. How do you think I feel?" Yoongi hyung mumbles and checks to make sure that I am ready for my fight.

"You don't even care about that." Namjoon hyung scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"True." Yoongi hyung smirks and pats me on the back.

"You're up!" A guard tells me as he points to the arena.

I go up with my hood still over my eyes. I have never taken my hood off for any of my fights. None of my opponents have been good enough to make the hood fall off of my head.

As I stare my opponent down, I crack my neck and knuckles. Tonight is only fists. No kicking or grabbing. Pure fists.

The first moment that I land a punch on the man's abdomen fills me with more adrenaline than I can handle. I feel myself ignite and everything becomes blurry. By the end, Hoseok hyung is dragging me off of my bloody opponent. 

I look up at the clock and see that it is past midnight. It is the anniversary. I feel pain and anger surge through my veins and a pained scream rips through my body as I look up at the stars above me.

I stand up and rip my gloves off. The adrenaline, pain, and anger are too strong for me to control. When I am in the back room, I scream and punch the wall over and over.

"Why was I so fucking weak then?!" I scream and collapse to the ground. I grab my hair and punch the ground over and over, more and more. "WHY?! Why couldn't I save him?! How come all that I could do was run for my life?! WHY?! Why didn't I stay with him?! Why did I leave him to die alone?!" I scream and sob as I curl up in a ball.