Chapter 14: Followed

Hyunjin POV

"Do you think that it is Park Minjun?" I ask Sunbae as we walk out of the building together.

"I do." Sunbae nods and quietly sighs.

"Did you see the pictures? I did. They were horrific." I mumble and try to push the images out of my head.

"I saw them. I can't believe that a person would do that to another person." Sunbae solemnly answers and looks at me.

"I want ice cream." I sigh and slump my shoulders.

"Let's go then." Sunbae smiles and grabs my hand then drags me towards an ice cream shop situated across the street from the company building.

"Sunbae!" I yell as I try to get my legs to move at the same pace as his.

"Choose any flavor." Sunbae smiles as he opens the door for me.

"I- You can't pay for me again!" I fuss as he drags me into the shop.

"Then add another coffee to the list of coffees you owe me." Sunbae smiles then looks at the various flavors of ice cream.

"Sunbae!" I whine and try to not look at the delicious looking ice cream.

"If you don't order, I'll order for you." Sunbae grins and continues to look at the ice cream.

"Fine." I pout and look at the different flavors.

"Are you two dating? You look cute together." The girl behind the counter smiles at us.

"What?! No!!! He is my Sunbae!" I shout in horror because he is straight. I am sure that straight men most likely do not like to be thought of as gay. I really hope that Sunbae isn't uncomfortable with me now.

"It's good to know that we get along well enough that someone thinks we are dating." Sunbae smiles and slings his arm over my shoulder. Sunbae's response leaves me stunned.

"You two are cute." She smiles then goes about her business.

"So, Hyunjin, what are you going to get?" Sunbae asks with a big smile on his face.

"Uh strawberry and cake batter." I mumble, still embarrassed about earlier.

"Hmm sounds yummy." Sunbae smiles and stands up then walks over to the register to order.

As Sunbae orders, I hear him ordering the same thing as me. Sunbae keeps surprising me in so many ways. He is nothing like I expected.

"Here you go." Sunbae smiles and hands me the ice cream.

"Thank you." I am pretty sure that I am blushing right now.

"Should we walk along the river then separate to go work on what we need to?" Sunbae asks with a sweet smile.

"Sure. That sounds good with me." I smile and walk next to Sunbae.

As we walk along the river and eat our ice cream, there is a peaceful silence. Neither of us speak. We are just enjoying the moment of peace. The cool fall breeze is so relaxing and soothing. Walking next to Sunbae makes me so happy for some reason.

"So, what are your plans for the rest of today?" Sunbae asks after several minutes of peaceful silence.

"Um, I think that I planned something that I can't remember." I mumble and pull my phone out of my pocket. "SHIT!" I yell and begin panicking.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Sunbae asks when I panic.

"I have to meet with someone!" I asked my boyfriend to meet me so that I can break up with him. SHIT! FUCK!